Who is Hoffman Boots......let me tell you?

The Guide

WKR
[mention]Hoffman Boots [/mention] Where can I go and try some on? My buddy swears by your boots and I’m in need of a pair. I’m in north Idaho outside of CDA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Their shop is in Kellogg and has hours posted on their website.

Jay

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
Two pairs of Hoffman pack boots sit next to my door from October through March the double insulated guides and the cowboy packers I do a lot of winter riding in the mountains and the cowboy packers are a boot that is a must for me. Being mostly in a stationary position it was important to have the felt liners and they are bar none amazing boots the build quality of Hoffman boots has nothing but impressed me as well as all who have come across me while I have them on. The double insulated guides were what was on my feet this last year when I got my late season buck it was 4 degrees out when I shot him 410 yards 270 weatherby mag from a ruger model one. Hiking across a canyon to get to him then around the canyon and up the second level onto the saddle and the 2 miles from there home came to about 8 miles covered that morning in the guides over varied terrain from dense overgrown buckbrush open pine forests and large amounts of rocky outcrops honestly couldnt have asked more from the boot that day and they delivered I have the thinsolate liners in them I believe they are 800 grams like I said it was 4 degrees when I shot him and by the time I got him home it had warmed up to 28 all while hauling a whole deer home with over 1500 ft of elevation change my feet never got cold or overly hot. I would and do recommend everyone I know to go to hoffman because they are simply the best boots they outperform my whites boots night and day over and I will never pay the outrageous price for a pair of whites ever again. Hoffman boots are my go to.

Attachments

• 16976471959277352186361587112669.jpg
    16976471959277352186361587112669.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20221112_082621.jpg
    20221112_082621.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 57
OP
H

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Question @Hoffman Boots

The new slip on pac, how’s the sizing? I’m wearing an 8 in double insulated mountaineers.

Been needing replacement to muck boots I wear all winter for chores. Hate rubber boots with a passion but need a slip on.
I would stay with the size 8

I've checked out your pack boots and they look first class. The only wish I had is that the air-bob type sole was a little more aggressive. I have a pair of Whites boots (leather hunting) that they don't make any longer. They have the Montana Claw lug sole which is the BEST sole I have found for a hunting boot in any condition a person might be in. I don't see them listing the Montana Claw lug sole in their inventory so that my boots could be resoled with that one if I ever wear them out. I inquired of Whites but they didn't answer my question as to why they don't have that option any longer.

Your boots look very well built and the leather is nice thick heavy duty stuff. You can just see that they are well made.

OP
H

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I am looking for a boot for mainly for mountain elk hunting.

My preferences are… I would like the stability and durability of like a Kenetrek Hardscrabble but lighter weight. And really waterPROOF.

My concerns are the issue with so many boots that say waterproof are not waterproof. To me it’s like being a little pregnant. Boots are or ain’t waterproof. I just don’t get how this seems to be such an issue based on experiences just here on Rokslide. When paying $250-500, I would expect waterproof.

So where and how does the Hoffman boot fit into my search? Thanks
ANY company that says they have no problems with waterproof boots is just not telling the truth. There will always be a few that come through production that something just doesn't go exactly right and a leaker can happen. The biggest thing for us is to try to limit these occurrences. That is why we use SympaTex booties in our boots. They are made in Germany and are truly better if not the best on the market. There are a ton of choices that we have for these booties, many MUCH cheaper options, but we have had excellent results with their booties and use them in several different models of boots for a few decades.

OP
H

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I've checked out your pack boots and they look first class. The only wish I had is that the air-bob type sole was a little more aggressive. I have a pair of Whites boots (leather hunting) that they don't make any longer. They have the Montana Claw lug sole which is the BEST sole I have found for a hunting boot in any condition a person might be in. I don't see them listing the Montana Claw lug sole in their inventory so that my boots could be resoled with that one if I ever wear them out. I inquired of Whites but they didn't answer my question as to why they don't have that option any longer.

Your boots look very well built and the leather is nice thick heavy duty stuff. You can just see that they are well made.
We do all of Whites rebuilds for them on their pacs so if you need help with these, contact us. We do have a more aggressive sole on our pro series pacs. Did you see these on our site?

WKR
Son just ordered these. Anxious to see them. Guide model, double insulated 14" uppers.

We do all of Whites rebuilds for them on their pacs so if you need help with these, contact us. We do have a more aggressive sole on our pro series pacs. Did you see these on our site?
I did just look! Yes those are what I am talking about. They are fantastic.

products-0000054_thins-pro-series-claw-lug-optional-soles-available.jpeg

I ran multiple pairs of the San Ramon lineman boots for years. Very good work boot. My only issues was the waterproofing didn’t seem to last. I now see that the waterproofing isn’t warrantied. Do you guys build the San Ramon’s or does Meindl?

yfarm

WKR
My bottoms on my Whites Cowboy pacs cracked, Whites no longer repairs and suggested Hoffman to me on the phone. Sent the uppers in to save shipping,fast turnaround,excellent work. Got the cowboy bottoms with the airbob, this company will get my business In the future.

Attachments

• IMG_0876.jpeg
    IMG_0876.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0875.jpeg
    IMG_0875.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 30

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have the heel lock pack boots, the lace protector constantly slips down and looks strange. It make me not want to use these boots.

Thanks for the input - I did look at the shoe you sent and it is interesting. Almost like a pair of high top tennis shoes but with a more solid sole on it. Something to look at but at this time we don't really have anything like it. I really appreciate the input.
Seconding this - if Hoffman sold a minimalist style boot (low to no arch support, low to no drop, wide toe box, allows ankle flexibility) I would purchase a pair in a heartbeat.

Something along these lines but if materials better suited to the PNW: https://www.bellevilleboot.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=151

Thanks for considering

Beendare

WKR
I own a pair of Hoffmans....about 5 years old and they are in great shape.

Yeah, they are a sturdy boot with the trend being fast and light. I was going through F&L boots in about 5 months....these I can't kill. I will say, my feet and ankles feel better after a long day in the mountains in my Hoffmans vs the lighter boots.

They are a little heavier than an avg boot...and they take a little breaking in....but now they are like putting on an old friend. Thanks Jim.

TXCO

WKR
I d been looking at a pair. Are hoffman pac boots really 10 lbs? Thats twice the listed weight of schnees. Whats driving that difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk