One Place and One Species… What and Where Are You Hunting?

5 years ago, quail in Oklahoma. Long season, my first and favorite thing to hunt. Plus a few extra months of field trials.

Now that we know how allergic my wife is to the dogs...

I'm assuming guaranteed a tag, but sorta reasonable... Mule deer in Montana.

Mish-pop

FNG
Elk. . . And torn between a beautiful long valley in a state to remain nameless, or a trophy unit somewhere in wyoming with lots of elk and not much pressure. Would have to be a unit where I can carry over from archery to rifle as well so I can stretch that season out and get picky after the first year or two.
1. Elk in Wyoming for stated reasons
2. Private land Mule deer in my home state whereI have been hunting for years and know the area well

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Why live in a "dream land" - ? Make it happen, within your means, whatever that may be.
We are spoiled in this beautiful country with amazing hunting opportunities. The idea behind the thread was to get people thinking about the hunts, places, and species that mean the most to them.

For me, I’m having a really hard time narrowing it down between three vastly different hunts. Was curious to see what others thoughts are.

Whitetails here near home. It sounds boring but I get 6 tags, and the season is 4 months long. And I can make the hunting as strenuous or as easy as I want. So when I’m 80, I can still be hunting whitetails.

Whitetails in Alabama. Plenty of Deer Liberal bag limits. Weather is cool/cold but not bitter cold. Long season for rifle November thru February. I hunt does to fill the freezer until the middle of January then shift into buck only for the rut thru Feb 10th. Easy hunting for a 60 year old desk jockey.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
If I ever have the chance, I'll go to Argentina dove hunting. absolutely crazy down there. Bring cases of ammo and extra gun to shoot while the others cools down.