Official Montana 2022 draw thread!

Did you draw and with how many preference points?

• 0 points, successful

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • 0 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 1 point, successful

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 1 point, unsuccessful

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • 2 points, successful

Votes: 72 31.2%
  • 2 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 3 points, successful

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • 3 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Resident/NA

Votes: 28 12.1%

• Total voters

cgasner1

WKR
I am hearing even worse is going to happen. Sounds like they might have a redraw for people that had their application screwed up, basically giving out more permits than the quota (I'm hearing 10% more). So happy that I live in a state that values our wildlife. Hopefully Worsech gets fired over this.

How do we even know that they will go over the quota depending on the unit it won’t hard to speculate without seeing the number of applications for the unit. I got lucky did it right and drew my tag but it just seems like fwp really dropped the ball with the word and

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
I am hearing even worse is going to happen. Sounds like they might have a redraw for people that had their application screwed up, basically giving out more permits than the quota (I'm hearing 10% more). So happy that I live in a state that values our wildlife. Hopefully Worsech gets fired over this.
I'm hearing the same rumor from a buddy of mine who called up the Helena office.

He lies about everything though so I'll believe it when I see it.

Honestly I'd be happy to see them give out 10% more of those tags...it will keep more people out of the general units!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

velvetfvr

WKR
So if there was an error, will they be able to tell who was affected and who wasn't? And will we be able to see or learn if we were one of the affected ones or not?

OpenCountry

Lil-Rokslider
This is a little off topic but has anyone else been given a "Hound Training License." I checked my reciept and never paid for one. And I do not have a hound either. But I have a hound training license this year.

Just an example of the lack of consistency with our draw/licensing system. Needs an outside audit!!!
I received one as well without paying for it. I have hounds and thought it was weird with it just randomly showing up in my items held.

huskerelk

FNG
Does anyone know how you could end up with base bonus points for deer after the draw if you've never purchased any? I was successful for my permit, and still show my two points. I assume that just hasn't been updated, but I have no clue where the deer points came from.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-155104.png
    Screenshot_20220415-155104.png
    253 KB · Views: 47

sneaky

"DADDY"
Personally I believe setting 25% aside for 0 point holders is bull shit. Why did I waste time and $ buying a point last summer to have 25% of the quota given to people with no points.

I could see setting 500 tags aside for people who have never hunted big game in MT. The first timers. The rest of the tags should be awarded to people by via the draw based on points. If I lose with 1 to someone with 2 fine. But people with 1, 2, 3 or however many shouldn't lose to people with 0
Well, if you had bought another point at application time this year you would have had 2 pts and an 80% of drawing. That's your fault for not buying the second point and improving your odds. 1pt is literally no man's land in this system and has been for a while.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

S.Clancy

WKR
That would be horseshit.

Legend

WKR

CBB

FNG
This wasn’t new this year.

Sent from my iPhone
Well, if you had bought another point at application time this year you would have had 2 pts and an 80% of drawing. That's your fault for not buying the second point and improving your odds. 1pt is literally no man's land in this system and has been for a while.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I agree, I had a whole different reply to this thread that I typed up earlier but somehow didn't post and was just sitting and waiting for me to hit "post reply". I haven't applied since 2018 and didn't do enough homework to make sure I was applying correctly to maximize my odds. I can be a man and own that. Still doesn't sit well with me that they set aside 4250 tags for people with 0. Thats my opinion. Your opinion and that of others may vary. But it is what it is. I'm out..

cgasner1

WKR
Kind funny how the kept using that AND word in the email they didn’t put in the regulations

Kind funny how the kept using that AND word in the email they didn’t put in the regulations

I totally agree and I’m sure it confused a few applicants when it says “1st choice only”, but I read it to mean “1st and only choice” as in years past. I guess after applying/hunting out there for 25+ years as a NR you get ingrained. If anyone didn’t draw those units who got kicked out and there were leftovers as the article stated they should give them out. Regardless, I hope everyone that drew tips one over!

Sounds like the statue allows them to issue up to 10% more permits. So an extra 10% might result in an extra 2-3% take? Doesn’t sound too bad to me. I feel bad for those that didn’t get in the hat the first time around.

cgasner1

WKR
I totally agree and I’m sure it confused a few applicants when it says “1st choice only”, but I read it to mean “1st and only choice” as in years past. I guess after applying/hunting out there for 25+ years as a NR you get ingrained. If anyone didn’t draw those units who got kicked out and there were leftovers as the article stated they should give them out. Regardless, I hope everyone that drew tips one over!

So why have a second choice option we don’t get that on the archery antelope tags. And that 799-20 is a rifle tag that does not read first choice only fwp made a huge mistake and honestly should redo this entire thing

cgasner1

WKR
Sounds like the statue allows them to issue up to 10% more permits. So an extra 10% might result in an extra 2-3% take? Doesn’t sound too bad to me. I feel bad for those that didn’t get in the hat the first time around.

The people left out for the rifle tag may have way better odds with a 10% bump and a few people in the draw I would be furious this entire thing is a joke

Scrappy

WKR

Obcourse those extra tags will just magically go to those that have an outfitter contract already I'm sure.