Vote on the 2023 Best Elk Hunt Photo

Please Vote on 2023 Best Elk Photo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twall13

WKR
I do think it's a good change. Tough to tell whether it makes a difference or not but in theory it should reduce bias.

bpurtz

WKR
you have to vote before you can see everyone else's vote. that was a member suggestion from last year. Not sure if we'll be able to say it's a fairer way to do it, but worth a shot
I was pretty sure that in the past I could look at the votes before casting mine - then I figured I must just be getting old and didn't remember correctly. LOL - I don't think it would have changed my vote, but it's a good modification.

TN731

FNG
Thanks for including me as a finalist! Never crossed my mind to take a fancy picture, it just so happened that we were able to get a decent picture after the hunt. That was my first elk ever, the last thing on my mind was trying to get fancy with it! Awesome hunt! Congrats to all the hunter's success, and the ones not mentioned here. Didn't think about adding the story of the hunt, but that's a great idea.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I was pretty sure that in the past I could look at the votes before casting mine - then I figured I must just be getting old and didn't remember correctly. LOL - I don't think it would have changed my vote, but it's a good modification.
good to hear man. and you're dementia is still years away. LOL. Working on the MD contest right now and see you had an entry for 2023. Loved your 2022 image.--good work and good luck

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

EDIT: Hrmm.... I dunno... sure looks like the @cprentice32 pic they 'shopped-in the stars after the fact.
we don't have a reliable way to tell what's 'shopped and not, so we just go with the best images. But to be fair, in his original entry post, he said his hunt partner is a pro-photographer and took the image at 1am on the packout.

just fyi.

we don't have a reliable way to tell what's 'shopped and not, so we just go with the best images. But to be fair, in his original entry post, he said his hunt partner is a pro-photographer and took the image at 1am on the packout.

just fyi.

These type of photos are typically done by layering multiple exposures together into a sort of composite image. Technique is used all over the place in pro photography. It’s what the “HDR” type settings do on an android phone camera fyi

Edit: I’m sorry that was supposed to be a reply to @TheGDog @TheGDog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
These type of photos are typically done by layering multiple exposures together into a sort of composite image. Technique is used all over the place in pro photography. It’s what the “HDR” type settings do on an android phone camera fyi

Edit: I’m sorry that was supposed to be a reply to @TheGDog @TheGDog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. I'll take it into consideration.