Non-toxic pheasant whacking experience

Steel sux.
Going straight Bismuth this year for waterfowl.
If I ever get after pheasant thats what I'll use.
(If I cant use lead).

Last edited:

The Guide

WKR
@KurtR @Spoonbill @PredatoronthePrairie you guys are using the 100% steel?
I use these in #4 in the 20 GA and #3 in the 12 GA. Shot a few whitetails in the head with the 12 GA when we jump them close range in the river bottoms.

Jay

200 rounds for $279 plus a high probability of Rebate.

I hate to post the Ad before I snag my ammo...but...during my heyday as a Waterfowler (pre Covid) I was a fan of buying cases of Steel each season. I did walk into a decent Boss buy in 3" 3/5 blend a few years ago.

After getting sideways with a Federal Trout Trooper on a Federal refuge it's not worth the headache for upland w lead vs getting close to the water and needing non tox. I'd prefer to just run 100% non tox today.

Am I missing something with this Kent deal? I could slum #5 in a 2 3/4" for this price. I realize it's only 1oz, but I am a 12g guy with no Bougie Bores.

Last edited:

200 rounds for $279 plus a high probability of Rebate.

I hate to post the Ad before I snag my ammo...but...during my heyday as a Waterfowler (pre Covid) I was a fan of buying cases of Steel each season. I did walk into a decent Boss buy in 3" 3/5 blend a few years ago.

After getting sideways with a Federal Trout Trooper on a Federal refuge it's not worth the headache for upland w lead vs getting close to the water and needing non tox. I'd prefer to just run 100% non tox today.

Am I missing something with this Kent deal? I could slum #5 in a 2 3/4" for this price. I realize it's only 1oz, but I am a 12g guy with no Bougie Bores.
I ordered some, thanks for the heads up... almost can't buy lead for that after the rebate!

You assuming you're qualified for the $100? That's how I read it. And as you said...that's like too good to be true???
It looks like the rebate is $5 per box up to 20 boxes... I only purchased a case, so should be in line for $50 rebate. I started the process but need a UPC image from the product and that will have to wait until Rogers ships. I also got a $15 code for first purchase and free shipping.

You tipped me over the edge, and I snagged a case as well. It's just money. And it's probably better overall. Wonder how many scavengers ingest lead on unrecovered cripples and the effects.