Nock Tear Low

JNDEER

WKR
franklin - I could group my BH and FP out to 60 yards very well. Only thing was the FP grouped about 4" off the mark. I looked into proper grip position and form and changed my grip. Just in doing that, they started to group better and with a little adjustment they group fine. Torq and grip from what I have seen on my Hoyt can really change the impact of an arrow. When I tried changing and makeing adjustments on the bow and everything stayed the same, that is when I realized it had to be me.

OP
Brandon Pattison
I shot at 50 and 60 yards. I got okay groups, maybe 5 and 6 inches respectively. I went back to 40 yards and shot over the target losing my $30 arrow. I looked in the weeds for an hour and then said **** this bow.

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
I couldnt get my broad heads to fly either. I was using 3 inch fusions which flew great with field points , but all over with bhs. i changed my fletching to 4 inch vanes with a right helical and my bhs now fly with the fts out to 90s yards +. Paper tuning is overrated and can drive a person insane if you let it. As long as everything groups downrange , you shouldnt worry about it. Leave bullet holes to bullets

JNDEER

WKR
frank-- take a day off from shooting. take it from me, it will drive you insane! in a day or two come back and try again.

OP
Brandon Pattison
After a couple of days off, I determined I used my 50 yard pin at the 40 yardstick. Whew! All is good, I love my bow, PA (short for passive aggresive) for now.

a3dhunter

WKR
After a couple of days off, I determined I used my 50 yard pin at the 40 yardstick. Whew! All is good, I love my bow, PA (short for passive aggresive) for now.

LOL, I did that yesterday at 60 yards using a 70 yard pin because I had been shooting at 70 yards previously. Still screws with your mind until it dawns on you what happened.

OP
Brandon Pattison
Yup, I am shooting into the ass end of my dinky 3D deer cuz the rest of it is blown out. The bad part is the broadhead hit the top of the deer so I have no idea where the arrow went. I did find an old Axis from last year (recurve).

trevore

Lil-Rokslider
Have you rotated your nock, so that you're shooting cock vane out? If it cleans up then your vanes are hitting the containment bar. Or your launcher arm could be bouncing back up, but I doubt it. I think you'd have a larger tear if that were happening.

Reactions: Zac
OP
Brandon Pattison
Have you rotated your nock, so that you're shooting cock vane out? If it cleans up then your vanes are hitting the containment bar. Or your launcher arm could be bouncing back up, but I doubt it. I think you'd have a larger tear if that were happening.

Good idea.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Franklin - send me a PM if you're having issues still. I know a few ways to sort out a low tear. This can crop up from time to time with a cam & 1/2 and can be very frustrating. I highly doubt it's your form. You actually can't affect wheel timing with grip pressure since the cams are slaved together. You could with a traditional two cam bow system - heck even a stabilizer change would alter wheel timing on a 2-cam. With a cam and a half you can actually draw the bow holding (gripping) the bow at the bottom of the riser, pull it back and the wheel sync will remain the same as pulling it on your bow hook. You can definitely affect your impact point with grip pressure and you could cause a difference in tune with grip pressure, but again nothing that you shouldn't be able to tune out with the rest.

I agree that you should pay attention to the instant when the cables come off the draw stops and sync the cams there, but it's not a big deal if the top wheel lags just a little. My Matrix made me work a little to get a good tune this year, but it's driving tacks and stacking fp on top of fixed blade bh's.

Give me a holler if you need some help.

Coop

Reactions: Zac

jimh406

WKR
For many bows, the bottom limb is stronger than the other, you may find that a bit larger difference in tiller between the lower and upper limb will cure your issue. You may find that the distance from limb to the string for the bottom limb needs to be longer. I'd start with 1/4 inch and see if it changes things. After the adjustment, adjust your nock/peep.

I see this on other forums, not so much here, but how do you jump in and start chatting like you’re part of a conversation that took place over 10 years ago?