No USPS gun ship

Kyguy

FNG
I sold 3 rifles on gunbroker last month and shipped all three to FFL's via USPS. No issues. UPS and FedEx won't let an individual ship a long gun of any kind, BUT I had a rifle go back to Weatherby and they supplied the Fedex label and there were no issues with me dropping it off. Weatherby then sent the rifle back to me directly the same way. Same thing with a CVA wolfe a couple years ago.

Maybe it's a change to USPS that hasn't been published as of yet.

I've never had an issues sending scopes via Fedex or UPS, but I will use USPS 99% of the time, they're 5 minutes from me. The nearest Fedex and UPS drop off's are 20 minutes away.

I had a post office argue with me about shipping a muzzleloader, which isn't a firearm. Took it to a different post office and told them it was an antique.

I had fed ex and UPS folks tell me they wouldn't ship ammo. If you set up a pick up with UPS then you can ship ammo, just have to declare it properly.

If you're shipping to an FFL then they'll perform a background check so I'm not sure why they wouldn't let you ship it. I have a local gun shop that will box and ship a rifle for $50 so it's worth not dealing with the hassle.