No USPS gun ship

eoperator

WKR
Tried to ship out a rifle today at the post office as i have done 100 times before. The clerk said usps no longer accepts firearms from individuals anymore, licensed dealers only. She brought out a laminated poster in bold print for proof.

Usps, ups and fedex no loner accept firearms from individuals so now I have to pay $35 for a background check plus the hassle and shipping costs from an ffl. Nice

fwafwow

WKR
Usps, ups and fedex no loner accept firearms from individuals so now I have to pay $35 for a background check plus the hassle and shipping costs from an ffl. Nice
Depends. I have shipped via UPS recently and it was fine because the shipping label was prepared by the gun company (TBAC) where I was shipping it.

EDIT - the above is a work around referenced below that may work for some situations with UPS.

Last edited:
Last gun I shipped USPS the person I talked to said they don't ship guns. I read them their policy and then someone else came and said they can ship it.

OP
E

eoperator

WKR

They had zero issue accepting one from me last week
If that is current they definitely should ship firearms.

Last gun I shipped USPS the person I talked to said they don't ship guns. I read them their policy and then someone else came and said they can ship it.
The counter clerk brought the postmaster out to show me the laminated booklet in print that stated "firearms are not accepted from individuals"

Chris_in_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
Neither USPS or UPS in my area will accept firearms from individuals. Doesn't matter if you show them their own rules.

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
I shipped a barreled action this week with no issues from my post office.

Tried to ship out a rifle today at the post office as i have done 100 times before. The clerk said usps no longer accepts firearms from individuals anymore, licensed dealers only. She brought out a laminated poster in bold print for proof.

Did you get a photo? Would be interesting to see, considering their online regulations haven’t changed.

This sucks if it’s the case.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's all different now! UPS is the same FFL to FFL. It's a big problem if you ship it without telling them also, they will confiscate it now. Not the good ole days.

that sucks! The guy at my PO knows every time when I’m shipping a gun. He asks before I even have a chance to tell him to make sure a signature is required. Sending a bare action out this week so hopefully that crap hasn’t spread here as well.

mcdues

FNG

You could have packed it from home without announcing it as a firearm or gun related item, IMO.

OP
E

eoperator

WKR
Did you get a photo? Would be interesting to see, considering their online regulations haven’t changed.

This sucks if it’s the case.
No I did not take a photo.
You could have packed it from home without announcing it as a firearm or gun related item, IMO.
It was packed and ready to go, the clerk asked if it was a firearm.

Next time I am going to try that shipmygun that adkhtr mentioned above.

If the local post office and post master will not ship a firearm, file a complaint with the Postmaster Inspector. Their regulations state that they will ship them. The local Post office and Post Master do not get to decide what regulations they will or will not follow. City/town ordinances do not apply to the Post Office on what they are able to do as far as shipping goes.