No USPS gun ship

B and D, right off of their own website. I’d go back and show that to them. A lot of postal employees don’t know WTF they’re talking about. I’ve had to argue with the post master and explain their own rules to them many times.

Attachments

• IMG_0555.png
    IMG_0555.png
    409.7 KB · Views: 86

jo3hunter

FNG
must be a wisconsin thing i went to ups to send warranty scope back to leupold they wouldnt do it went to small town post office they did it no problem

Wow, do you guys remember living in America? This place looks the same, but yet everything has changed. I can't believe how quickly things are changing for the worse. Okay, rant over.
Very true,we are literally a couple presidents away from becoming canada and not much further from becoming china.
You may not like trumps persona but we need him drastically to get us back in line.

fwafwow

WKR
It's all different now! UPS is the same FFL to FFL. It's a big problem if you ship it without telling them also, they will confiscate it now. Not the good ole days.
There is a limited exception/work around for UPS. See post #6. I can’t comment on not declaring a firearm, but expect that would be a big mistake, at least for insurance, and maybe even worse.

Last edited:
must be a wisconsin thing i went to ups to send warranty scope back to leupold they wouldnt do it went to small town post office they did it no problem

UPS’s policy allows scopes to be shipped. Any other type of gun part or accessory is a no unless you’re a dealer which is stupid. Technically you can’t ship a holster or a set of sights through them.

Very true,we are literally a couple presidents away from becoming canada and not much further from becoming china.
You may not like trumps persona but we need him drastically to get us back in line.

The guy that banned bump stocks?

More pro gun legislation and reversal of unconstitutional regulation has happened under Obama and Biden than Trump. He’s no 2A angel that many like to believe he is just because his kids shoot and hunt.

UPS’s policy allows scopes to be shipped. Any other type of gun part or accessory is a no unless you’re a dealer which is stupid. Technically you can’t ship a holster or a set of sights through them.

The guy that banned bump stocks?

More pro gun legislation and reversal of unconstitutional regulation has happened under Obama and Biden than Trump. He’s no 2A angel that many like to believe he is just because his kids shoot and hunt.
Than you go vote for Biden and we’ll see how that goes.
It’s not all about guns!

Than you go vote for Biden and we’ll see how that goes.
It’s not all about guns!

You literally posted what you did in a thread about guns and being able to ship them, so at least this part is about guns.

Silly rebuttal when you’re presented with fact and have no legitimate argument for why Trump was or will be our savior this time.

UPS has been that way at UPS stores for a long time. I've always just had to go to a UPS shipping center rather than a franchised UPS store and been alright with stuff like scopes/ammo.

wyosteve

WKR
There was a thread on Long Range Hunting in the past week or so about the change at USPS fwiw.

Weldor

WKR
To many go arounds, they can't even follow their own rules. To many fingers in the pie. If ups and fed ex don't want my business that's fine. The usps is about as bad as it gets. I try to spend my hard earned money on 2A friendly business's. If I have to pay my local FFL to ship that's ok by me. I'm going to get some coffee now.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not exactly true. See post #6 for UPS.
I went down and spoke to UPS 3 days ago to ship a gun and dealt with 2 FFLs also trying to get it done. UPS specifically said no go anymore, has to be FFL to FFL. FFL told me the same thing, but shipped the gun for no charge so he had no reason to lie. I have shipped 50 guns over the years no issues at all, not sure if what's in writing is what's really going on or what at most or all the UPS and USPS locations or what. I guess what I am saying is I have firsthand experience within a few days so it is indeed true. Google UPS and shipping guns, tons of stories of them destroying guns, cancelling peoples accounts etc. Not saying some UPS guy might not do it, saying it is not a 100% guarantee like it used to be and apparently there is indeed a policy change even if it is not yet in writing. I am pretty those terms and conditions clearly state terms can change at anytime without being in writing, etc. Some legal garbage.

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
I went down and spoke to UPS 3 days ago to ship a gun and dealt with 2 FFLs also trying to get it done. UPS specifically said no go anymore, has to be FFL to FFL. FFL told me the same thing, but shipped the gun for no charge so he had no reason to lie. I have shipped 50 guns over the years no issues at all, not sure if what's in writing is what's really going on or what at most or all the UPS and USPS locations or what. I guess what I am saying is I have firsthand experience within a few days so it is indeed true. Google UPS and shipping guns, tons of stories of them destroying guns, cancelling peoples accounts etc. Not saying some UPS guy might not do it, saying it is not a 100% guarantee like it used to be and apparently there is indeed a policy change even if it is not yet in writing. I am pretty those terms and conditions clearly state terms can change at anytime without being in writing, etc. Some legal garbage.
I had the same initial reaction at UPS - AFTER their recent policy change - but explained to them that while I’m not an FFL, the “shipper” is. TBAC provided me with a pre-printed shipping label, from me to TBAC, using their UPS account. Once I told the person that, there was no issue.

Last edited:

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m telling you I had the same initial reaction at UPS - AFTER their recent policy change - but explained to them that while I’m not an FFL, the “shipper” is. TBAC provided me with a pre-printed shipping label, from me to TBAC, using their UPS account. Once I told the person that, there was no issue.
Well I wish it was that way here, but wasn't. Took me a freaking week to find someone to handle it. They flat don't want to do it, and FFL told me same thing that UPS won't ship anymore (Aagain might just be here, but if you read the whole thread above I am not the only one saying this). Could be office to office or whatever, but I have shipped dozens of guns out of that UPS office in the past no issue, as recently as last year. Not to mention FFL on the other side won't accept a gun from me either, only from another FFL. There is no doubt there is some tightening in some places even if not in writing.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I had the same initial reaction at UPS - AFTER their recent policy change - but explained to them that while I’m not an FFL, the “shipper” is. TBAC provided me with a pre-printed shipping label, from me to TBAC, using their UPS account. Once I told the person that, there was no issue.

fwafwow

WKR
UPS has been that way at UPS stores for a long time. I've always just had to go to a UPS shipping center rather than a franchised UPS store and been alright with stuff like scopes/ammo.
I didn’t make this point in my other posts in this thread. This is absolutely correct. No guns at a store, even to and from a licensed dealer.