FFL Using USPS? What the world.

JiminAZ

FNG
Have done it many times it saves me a ton of money. But I discuss what shipper to use explicitly with my FFL every time I ship a gun.

Right now with the USPS all backed up I'd take a pass and go with UPS.

83cj-7

WKR
I’ve about had it with USPS. I order a lot of stuff and inevitably the USPS stuff get lost in the land of “in destination to next facility”. I had a bow lost for 16 days in Harrisburg PA. I finally called the shipper who filed a claim. The next day it magically ended up on my porch. I am currently waiting for a scope from NE. It hasn’t been scanned for 10 days! 🙄

grfox92

WKR
Ive seen a dozen or so guns being shipped out of my little rural post office in WY in the last few months.

Holy crap. And a firearm too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NIB Benelli m4 H20 (original np3 coating) with the factory installed 7rd magazine and collapsible stock at that.

Yeah it sucked to have a $3500 gun unaccounted for as tracking never showed it leaving my local depot until they finally delivered it.

SpaceMan

FNG
So I’ve purchased many guns online from Gunbroker, Guns America etc. never have the dealers used USPS to ship a gun. Always UPS.

Purchased a gun 2.5 weeks ago and the FFL used USPS. Gun still hasn’t arrived and they used Priority.

I have a number of packages that are severely delayed with USPS, but not a firearm. Why on earth would a FFL use USPS to ship a gun knowing all the issues they are having??

Anyone have a dealer use the post office to ship a gun before?

I’ve had an FFL ship out a handgun before with USPS for me for an out of state transfer as well as I’ve had someone ship me a rifle before via USPS from a private party to my FFL which got lost for about 2 weeks, but was fortunate to have it recovered. This was about 6-8+ years ago here in SoCal.

OP
whaack

whaack

WKR
Well good news gun showed up today. 3.5 weeks on USPS Priority 2-3 day. Nice job guys.

Curtass

FNG
NIB Benelli m4 H20 (original np3 coating) with the factory installed 7rd magazine and collapsible stock at that.

Yeah it sucked to have a $3500 gun unaccounted for as tracking never showed it leaving my local depot until they finally delivered it.
I had (not mine, a customer's) $35k DIAS come up missing at fedex a few years ago, tried talking with customer service about getting it found and starting a claim with not much help, until I told them they had lost a $35k machine gun! Within 1 hour it was delivered to me after hours from the driver who "miss-placed" it. Then a follow up call from his supervisor making sure I had received it. They were both relieved that I got it and it was intact!

all shipping is screwed up. Way bigger package, a container actually. I was supposed to recieve it on november 19th. today i still don't know when i will recieve it. supposedly, supposed to get a call today. Containers are big, like 40 feet long.

Broomd

WKR
I had a gun shipped today via USPS priority from Arkansas to me in Idaho, we'll see how it goes. I requested USPS when seller wanted Fed Ex.

I'd rather have a delayed shipment through USPS than any shipment through the Fed Ex nazis...
Our Fed Fex Terminal in Spokane looks like something out of the Berlin Gestapo.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
I had a gun shipped today via USPS priority from Arkansas to me in Idaho, we'll see how it goes. I requested USPS when seller wanted Fed Ex.

I'd rather have a delayed shipment through USPS than any shipment through the Fed Ex nazis...

Man, location sure makes a difference! I ship all rifles and ammo and almost anything else that can’t go in a flat rate box via FedEx. Their terminal here at IND rocks. But usps downtown Indy? Forget that....

I have always mail guns I sold through USPS. Cheaper than UPS or FEDEX.

The first time I went in to the local post office they told me I had to have an FFL in order to mail a firearm. I told them no, I didn't. I had to mail it to an FFL if I was mailing it out of state, but I had every right to mail a firearm. The postmaster came out and got out her thick book and we looked it up. And turns out I was right, and they let me mail the rifle.

Next time I mailed one, the guy said "hold on one minute" and disappeared. About 10 or 15 minutes later, he comes back and said he was on the phone making sure he could mail the gun, and learning all the rules about mailing guns. And again, I was able to mail the rifle.

I am hoping the more I use USPS here, the better they get with mailing guns. Now when I mail them I make sure I use USPS, just so they don't forget that the people in this country have a constitutional right to own guns, and a legal right to mail them.

gbflyer

WKR
Here’s for all y’all bitching about USPS. Receiver and barrel purchased here on the ‘slide:

December 31, 2020, 2:14 pm
Available for Pickup
GUSTAVUS, AK 99826
Your item arrived at the GUSTAVUS, AK 99826 post office at 2:14 pm on December 31, 2020 and is ready for pickup.
December 31, 2020, 2:09 pm
Arrived at Post Office
GUSTAVUS, AK 99826
December 31, 2020, 2:05 pm
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
GUSTAVUS, AK 99826
December 30, 2020, 9:49 pm
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
JUNEAU AK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 30, 2020, 7:39 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
JUNEAU AK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 30, 2020, 1:44 am
Departed USPS Destination Facility
KENT, WA 98035
December 30, 2020, 1:44 am
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
KENT, WA 98035
December 29, 2020, 10:19 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
AUSTIN TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 29, 2020, 1:42 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
AUSTIN TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
December 28, 2020, 5:46 pm
Departed Post Office
DRIPPING SPRINGS, TX 78620
December 28, 2020, 12:13 pm
USPS in possession of item
DRIPPING SPRINGS, TX 78620

Happy New Year

Broomd

WKR

Quoting my own post here for reference........FFL just called; this gun just arrived in his shop here in ID.
Considering it's a New Years holiday week, I'd call USPS's handling stellar at 3.5 days.

Last edited: