New Ruger American Gen II

Buzby

WKR
That stock looks like the antithesis of the rok stock. Horrible looking design. I’ve seen old flintlocks with less drop at heel 😂

So ruger measures their barrel lengths differently across their product lines ? Doubt
I put zero amount of confidence in anything technical he talks about.
He really isn't informative or entertaining.
Edited to add...
I am specifically referring to the Whotee Who video posted earlier. Not the person quoted.

Last edited:

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
Any one got inside info on left hand in future? I called customer service and emailed and got the same answer they will not know until after they are released. someone at ruger must know. I assume if these are the same receiver as the gen 1 at some point they will offer in left hand. I don't think it be in the caliber I want 204 Ruger, But they might come out with a 223.

Dsellen14

FNG
Any one got inside info on left hand in future? I called customer service and emailed and got the same answer they will not know until after they are released. someone at ruger must know. I assume if these are the same receiver as the gen 1 at some point they will offer in left hand. I don't think it be in the caliber I want 204 Ruger, But they might come out with a 223.
Just a perspective that you can take or leave. I went down the route of wanting a 204 but decided on a 5.56/223 a few years ago. I made a reduced load 223 with H4895 and 40 gr vmax. It has the power of slightly less than 22 hornet maybe even closer to a 22 mag but with better BC than either. Of course if you don't reload....

Last edited:

Montucky

WKR
I called Ruger CS today they were super helpful. I was mistaken on my previous post & you Do Not need a spacer to attach pad to stalk. My pad had some material still inside & I was unable to see the metal nut down inside. The lady I visited with at Ruger contacted the Custom Shop & they answered her back right away & she called me back within 10 minutes

Hate to be a redneck but what are the odds you can flip the stock extension over and end up with a higher stock ala redneck jimmy rigged rokstock.

Ajsomp

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Got mine today finally from my FFL. The action is NOTICEABLY better than a gen 1. I’ve got a gen 1 ranch on hand which has taken a few deer and been racked a bunch to try to smooth it out - and even lubed up it still is worse than the gen 2 with no lube. In fact the gen 1 still sounds very “zipper” like most times. My FFL actually ordered himself a 300 blackout ranch after getting to mess around with mine a bit.

I need to slap a scope on and get to the range. I think if it shoots like my gen 1s it’s going to be a great option. I’ll be keeping an eye on the LA versions (6.5 prc and 7PRC) in the future.

KenLee

WKR
Got mine today finally from my FFL. The action is NOTICEABLY better than a gen 1. I’ve got a gen 1 ranch on hand which has taken a few deer and been racked a bunch to try to smooth it out - and even lubed up it still is worse than the gen 2 with no lube. In fact the gen 1 still sounds very “zipper” like most times. My FFL actually ordered himself a 300 blackout ranch after getting to mess around with mine a bit.

I need to slap a scope on and get to the range. I think if it shoots like my gen 1s it’s going to be a great option. I’ll be keeping an eye on the LA versions (6.5 prc and 7PRC) in the future.
Looking at the action, why does it need a protruding magazine?

Ajsomp

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I thought all gen 2 had protruding magazine, but I'm only interested in the regular.
I have all the ranch and predator versions I'll probably ever buy.
Yeah they switched from the flush rotary magazine to an AICS compatible. Not sure why the three round doesn’t sit flush or if something like the MDT mag would sit flush? I don’t have one on hand- I should have clarified that I picked up a ranch in 556

Damian48

FNG
I’ll be interested to see how they stack up against the competition. Plus 6.5G isn’t available yet

sneaky

"DADDY"
Just picked up a Ranch in 5.56 for $515 plus tax and background.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hate to be a redneck but what are the odds you can flip the stock extension over and end up with a higher stock ala redneck jimmy rigged rokstock.
It's already a negative comb. Flipping it around will give you the opposite effect.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I think ajsomp means flipping the part with the butt pad, not the part with the cheek piece.

Ya just the part with the butt pad. It’s such a wonky looking thing. Hope to get one but will probably just take the extension off due to my high minded education here on rokslide combined with a low budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got mine, the ranch version with the 16.1” barrel in 5.56, and slapped on a scope and zeroed it at 50 yards for now with a quick range trip after work. Tight groups possible at 50 yards, but obviously need to shoot it farther to test it more.

Very lightweight and low/no recoil With the included muzzle brake.

Bolt felt a little gritty/klunky at first. But added some oil and worked it a bunch times and its already getting pretty smooth.