New Packs from Kifaru 2024

This ill-defined slow release of bags is not convenient for the consumer. I’d prefer they have an annual announcement of all new stuff so I could then decide what may interest me and purchase accordingly.

Its actually a smart setup for releasing bags. Keeps you looking at each new offering to make up your mind that its not what you want. You'll go back 2-3x to review the specs and compare it to what you already have to think hard about if it might work for your application

prm

WKR
I’ve known right away that what they’ve shown so far is not for me. Not knowing if or when new bags may be released I eventually need to roll dice and get a bag. In my case I found a used bag this morning that I know works really well for me. Going on the hunch that they won’t produce a new pack in the rather small niche I am looking for.

Trial153

WKR
This sums it up. The Ark looks like its going to be a good frame. The better foam, laser cut molle and simplicity of the frame design are all positives. Im sure the 4300 appeals to some as well. But this maniml, is.....odd. I just dont see why youd pick it over what they already offer regardless if its for whitetail or western day hunting.

I spend %s of my life in a stand, and nothing about it strikes me as a whitetail pack. I have no idea why youd want the vertical zips of the cinch while its hanging in a tree. And the last thing you want is to be digging around from a very small access point on top of the main bag. The only functionally 'whitetail' part of this is if you put a couple belt pouches on the front and leave the cinch at home. But, you can do that with any other bag they already make, like the Stryker XL, Hellbender or 22 mag.

Its not as functional as the Stryker XL/sherman or Hellbender as a whitetail pack or a western day hunting pack. And its not even close to as easy to access the load sling as those 2. The size difference between them isnt all that much. If the main bag zippers came down for a full horseshoe, it might be different.

After specialized whitetail packs designed the duel side zips with some type of fold over lid that opens to semi bucket/ shelf …. It pretty much rendered everything design wise second rate for whitetail hunting from a treestand. I mean no digging, no looking just reach in and grab what you need, hangs on a hook and is just there. The weather is bad fold the lid over and your gtg.
I mean even an old tri zip like on a 14r or any of the 20 plus MR designs make a more user friendly pack to access from a hook.

This is a head scratcher for me. i could see this pack a good option for any number of day hunts from a base camp, leaving out on foot or horse back….but as a dedicated whitetail pack…no way

After specialized whitetail packs designed the duel side zips with some type of fold over lid that opens to semi bucket/ shelf …. It pretty much rendered everything design wise second rate for whitetail hunting from a treestand. I mean no digging, no looking just reach in and grab what you need, hangs on a hook and is just there. The weather is bad fold the lid over and your gtg.
I mean even an old tri zip like on a 14r or any of the 20 plus MR designs make a more user friendly pack to access from a hook.

This is a head scratcher for me. i could see this pack a good option for any number of day hunts from a base camp, leaving out on foot or horse back….but as a dedicated whitetail pack…no way

Agreed 100%, but do you think this might function as a day hunting pack better than the Stryker XL/Hellbender/22Mag/virtually any other day pack? Im genuinely asking, I just dont know where this fits in their lineup that other packs dont do better for whatever the purpose might be. Mostly its the awkward opening design. This pack just seems like a cowboy without a horse.

Trial153

WKR
Agreed 100%, but do you think this might function as a day hunting pack better than the Stryker XL/Hellbender/22Mag/virtually any other day pack? Im genuinely asking, I just dont know where this fits in their lineup that other packs dont do better for whatever the purpose might be. Mostly its the awkward opening design. This pack just seems like a cowboy without a horse.

My only guess is that they might discontinue a couple models to slide this in place…don’t really know .

Seem to me that from a specialized pack manufacturer stand point more so than any of the other over the last 10 years Kifaru comes out with new bags that really don’t serve any purpose compared to their previous offerings other than the fact that they are new

fatlander

WKR
Honestly wish they just had a release on the new line like Exo. I hope it's honestly a business decision with the slow release to help with manufacturing and keeping up with orders.

If this is the marketing department trying to create hype I'm not happy as a consumer, it sucks.

Exo nailed design, release, and delivery of a simple yet functional pack system that is by and large the best thing on the market right now, in my opinion.

They did it with a skeleton crew compared to other pack companies.

Exo makes packs for the back country hunter. Other companies make fanny packs, grocery bags, bino harnesses, clothes, shelters, quivers, coozies, stoves, etc.

All that extra stuff takes away from backpacks. Not saying the other companies are wrong, just saying the guys making nothing but backpacks seem to have the making of backpacks figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prm

WKR
I think Stone Glacier and Kifaru have making packs figured out as well.

How many people do they have focused on packs? I don’t know. You seem to know.

ozyclint

WKR
My only guess is that they might discontinue a couple models to slide this in place…don’t really know .

Seem to me that from a specialized pack manufacturer stand point more so than any of the other over the last 10 years Kifaru comes out with new bags that really don’t serve any purpose compared to their previous offerings other than the fact that they are new
Totally agree. Since the Timberline days only the Reckoning was a pack I would consider.

I think 'new' sells packs to the 'latest and greatest' crowd

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly wish they just had a release on the new line like Exo. I hope it's honestly a business decision with the slow release to help with manufacturing and keeping up with orders.

If this is the marketing department trying to create hype I'm not happy as a consumer, it sucks.

I do think Kifaru has gotten involved in the hype game more than I’d prefer. Nevertheless, if Kifaru releases just two bags and a frame for sale today, that’s only one pack behind what EXO launched with the K4 (2200 bag and rifle carrier coming well after). Since Kifaru made the ARK frame compatible with older bags and accessories, it’s a far more extensive lineup of options available from them.

A big difference I see is that EXO was very communicative via the pinned K4 thread on this forum, which helped with expectations leading up to and following release of the K4. For sure it’d be nice to have that sort of engagement from Kifaru here, and know what’s in the works.

At the moment, I’m not aware of anything that EXO is working on to enhance the K4 lineup, which is a downer imo. If something sweet comes in unexpectedly at a later date by Kifaru, I might be irritated with the blindside, but I still embrace advancement over stagnation.

prm

WKR
Kifaru email indicated a new bag at Western Hunt. Anybody see it at their booth?

Mitten32

WKR

Couldn’t agree more. I know they do a lot of product testing but it doesn’t seem like they got this pack tested by enough whitetail guys for feedback. From a whitetail and tree-stand perspective this is a step back from the 22 mag and Stryker xl… If I’m wrong I’ll be the first to admit it, but I see this pack as pretty short lived ala the straight jacket….

6.5x284

WKR
Anyone at the Expo have a good pic of the bag strap to frame connection point? The Duplex had the little loops the k clips attach to. I haven’t seen a photo yet on how a bag actually attaches with the straps into those slots in the carbon frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Haven’t seen the “load shelf” on the manimal yet either.

It’s covered in the video on the website:

CDEA011F-BA21-43F2-A0DA-3B4B136BB8D5.png