New pack hint on the Exo site.

mclovin

Lil-Rokslider
I was told they come with lids. That’s huge for 4800. I wonder how It compresses down?
The bag compresses down super small. Steve has a photo of it after I compressed it, I will have him upload it soon!

kupper

Lil-Rokslider
what are dimensions compared to 3500 as far as width height and depth? It looks way bigger than the 3500. It does seem to pack down close to or just as small as the 3500.

OP
wekilldeer

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
Steve.....maybe post a pic of a loaded 3500 next to a loaded 4800, compressed pics too. The pack does look huge but camera angles can be deceiving

md126

WKR
Any thoughts on the K3 frame as a carry on bag on flights? I used the K2 with no issues but not sure about the K3

tdhanses

WKR
I was told they come with lids. That’s huge for 4800. I wonder how It compresses down?

I actually hope they offer the lid as an option and reduce the price if you don’t need one. I already have a lid for my 2k, don’t need two.

OP
wekilldeer

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
I actually hope they offer the lid as an option and reduce the price if you don’t need one. I already have a lid for my 2k, don’t need two.
I think the lids are optional.......at least on the 4800. It has the same pocket in the roll top as the 2000

OP
wekilldeer

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
I think the lids are optional.......at least on the 4800. It has the same pocket in the roll top as the 2000
Steve had mentioned on insta gram that they were optional but don't quote me.....wait til exo confirms it

OP
wekilldeer

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully more info and bag comparisons coming sometime this week

Well I do know that Exo makes excellent packs and my buddy swears by his K2. I have been looking at Exo for years but haven't bought their packs (yet) solely because (1) I am happy with what I have now and (2) stepping into their packs means I add weight. I am currently running a Seek Outside Unaweep pack that has plenty of room for 7+ days in the backcountry for me, is a good meat hauler (I think), and actual weight of mine in olive is just 3.9 lbs. I have carried two muflon sheep about a mile (moderate terrain) with this pack and that was about 60+ lbs and the heaviest I have ran this pack. I will say that my hip flexers were screaming at me however with that load and wondered if I just needed to better adjust it.

I would be curious to see how the new K3 frame stacks up to what I have now and if it will be a better 100+lb meat hauler or not.

My pack is a slightly older version of the below link, but in Olive grey, this pack's empty weight is only 3 lb 5 oz. Very impressive for Seek Outside to get a pack down to that weight. Now granted I don't know how they rate this particular pack for a maximum weight limit.

https://seekoutside.com/unaweep-4800-backpack-olive-green/

ElkNut1

WKR
You won't find a better pack! I've used the Exo Packs since their beginning! These packs are awesome & keep getting better! I'd not question the K3 Frame for a second! I have the original model & K2 Frame, both carry any weight that you can carry. My packouts generally run from 90# to 110#. These Exo packs handle it with ease! I will sport the K3 this year with total confidence, Steve & Lenny are serious elk hunters & know exactly how to build packs that flat out perform for the serious hunter!

I've shouldered well over a dozen packs in the last 40 years, the Exo has been the absolute best pack I've ever worn.

Here's a load on the Exo with a bone in hindquarter, boned out front shoulder, backstrap, tenderloin & loose neck meat. I didn't weigh this load but it was heavy for a 150# guy. I had a 1-1/2 mile packout here. Notice how well those load lifters still work with this kind of weight, amazing freaking packs!

ElkNut/PaulPaul 2015 Five Point 19.jpg

Man I was so super pumped for the k3.
But they look so dang tall in all the pics. And they dont even have a lid on.
I really wanted more load lifter action.
But I gotta be able to walk thru brush too.

bozeman

WKR
Well I do know that Exo makes excellent packs and my buddy swears by his K2. I have been looking at Exo for years but haven't bought their packs (yet) solely because (1) I am happy with what I have now and (2) stepping into their packs means I add weight. I am currently running a Seek Outside Unaweep pack that has plenty of room for 7+ days in the backcountry for me, is a good meat hauler (I think), and actual weight of mine in olive is just 3.9 lbs. I have carried two muflon sheep about a mile (moderate terrain) with this pack and that was about 60+ lbs and the heaviest I have ran this pack. I will say that my hip flexers were screaming at me however with that load and wondered if I just needed to better adjust it.

I would be curious to see how the new K3 frame stacks up to what I have now and if it will be a better 100+lb meat hauler or not.

My pack is a slightly older version of the below link, but in Olive grey, this pack's empty weight is only 3 lb 5 oz. Very impressive for Seek Outside to get a pack down to that weight. Now granted I don't know how they rate this particular pack for a maximum weight limit.

https://seekoutside.com/unaweep-4800-backpack-olive-green/

I am in the same boat TX Hunter.....the K3 has my interest but really like my Unaweep 4800. Thinking about ordering a K3 and load crib for testing and send back if I don’t like it......but want to try one......