New pack hint on the Exo site.

twall13

WKR
Man I was so super pumped for the k3.
But they look so dang tall in all the pics. And they dont even have a lid on.
I really wanted more load lifter action.
But I gotta be able to walk thru brush too.
On one of their podcasts they said the frame will come in two height options. Each option had an insert (or something along those lines) that can be reversed to change the height by 1.5" if I remember correctly. Run it at the lower height until you get an animal down and then flip it and have the tall load lifters for the heavy pack out. Steve said it literally takes seconds to switch around. This has my interest peaked but I'd love to see how it works in real life.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

On one of their podcasts they said the frame will come in two height options. Each option had an insert (or something along those lines) that can be reversed to change the height by 1.5" if I remember correctly. Run it at the lower height until you get an animal down and then flip it and have the tall load lifters for the heavy pack out. Steve said it literally takes seconds to switch around. This has my interest peaked but I'd love to see how it works in real life.

Yeah I'm on that.
But unless there are on tall in every pic. It looks like 4-5" taller then a k2 3500

sneaky

"DADDY"

From what I've seen it looks like a flipped version of the SO frame extensions. EXO extensions go in the bottom of the tubes, you access it through a flap in the bottom of the panel. It's already in the tube, you just reverse it and it lengthens it 1.5".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Graves14

WKR
Yeah I'm on that.
But unless there are on tall in every pic. It looks like 4-5" taller then a k2 3500

It’s not, it must just be the angle the pics are being taken from. I agree, they look tall in these pics but I’m 5’8” and neither the 3200 or 4800 felt tall at all to me.

md126

WKR
I’d love to see some better pics or vids of the new packs, especially compressed.

Side by side comparison with the current line up would be great too

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you guys listened to the Podcast on the K3 frame? Answers a lot of questions that are asked here... Really looking forward to seeing one of these in person.

bigharge

WKR
Anxious to see pics of the 6400 bag. Im guessing will be around 6800 with lid. Im a big bag kind of guy and worried it wont be large enough for some longer hunts. My 5500 had a total volume of around 7000, wondering if this is a smaller pack?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Anxious to see pics of the 6400 bag. Im guessing will be around 6800 with lid. Im a big bag kind of guy and worried it wont be large enough for some longer hunts. My 5500 had a total volume of around 7000, wondering if this is a smaller pack?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Read back a page or two.

Edit: Exo said the bag is bigger than the 5500. Where it sits with total cubes including the side pockets and lid I dont know. On the podcast they indicated that the 6400 was based on requests for a larger bag than the 5500 for longer hunts.

Last edited:

md126

WKR
The new bag sizes are not measured the same way as the 2018 line, which is confusing for me.

I’d really like to see an actual cubic inch breakdown side by side with the 2018 and 2019 bags, especially the TOTAL cubic inch’s of each pack. It would help greatly in deciding which pack to get

The new bag sizes are not measured the same way as the 2018 line, which is confusing for me.

I’d really like to see an actual cubic inch breakdown side by side with the 2018 and 2019 bags, especially the TOTAL cubic inch’s of each pack. It would help greatly in deciding which pack to get
I’d love to see a 3500 next to a 4800, both stuffed to capacity.

md126

WKR
Well if it’s a business strategy it sure is a frustrating one...

Hopefully get some comparisons and specs soon

tdhanses

WKR
Why can’t they just release everything(frames and bags pics) at the same time.

We’ve been waiting now almost 6 months, crazy I know but what’s a few more weeks. They may of built this up so long that people moved on though. I’ll be ordering a 4800 bag only but it’s just an add on to my current pack system so I’m not one worried about not getting it in time for season as I have enough to be ok.

Companies tease things for up to 2 years.
And it also reduces all the bitching about ohh I just order the old style wish I had known u were coming out with something new.
So people gonna be upset ether way. There's no winning.

kabarNC

FNG
In the precision rifle world, 98% of companies who unveil a new hot product at SHOT promise to begin preorders at X date with first in line getting their product at Y date, and sadly those promises are usually off by around 9 months. If Exo Mtn Gear can start fulfilling orders by mid July, it'll honestly be a breath of fresh air.