New "MOUNTAIN WARRIOR" pack from Kifaru

huntin'monkey

Lil-Rokslider
If you want a sub 4lb pack that can handle 100lbs, we can do that pretty easy.

I can take a Timberline 2 and put arrows inside the stays and mod a couple other things as well to get you to a sub 4lb pack.

Having said that, you could probably get away with a backpackers pack and be just fine. We do build thigns to last and try to come in at a realistic weight that gives you comfort, durability and functionality. We don't want our packs to leave you stranded in the middle of the wilderness because the frame snapped in half...just to save 16oz's.

Feel free to contact me at anytime and I will whip you up a UL pack that will meet your needs.

Thanks for the offer. I'm at least six months out on pulling the trigger on a new pack, but I'll keep this in mind. And you're right, I could go with a regular backpacking pack. I almost went for a Mountainsmith for Christmas, but put rain gear on the list instead to think about the pack choice more, because there are so many interesting choices in the hunting specific pack market... though for double or triple the price.

Manosteel

WKR
Love the Interior zippered pocket on the panel and the mesh inside, however, I wouldn"t need the water bladder pocket (got the kifaura bladder bag) and wouldn't need all the tactical webbing up top. I have a High Camp 7000 (love the minimalist strapping system) I was ready to modify by adding a center zipper and side pockets similar to T1 (with my plan I would have a sub 5lb kifaru pack with side pockets and better access to bag)

But this bag really has my attention, could I order it with certain modifications?

Jimbob

WKR
Jimbob, curious what experience? Thought I wanted a nomad.. But this really has me second guessing.

First off it was an eberlestock that carried like crap so that leaves a bad tastes in your mouth. But like Aron said it was the wide profile of it that i didn't like. So I know for me that I wouldn't like the nomad folded out or the emr II with the pockets filled up. Now that I have looked closer I see the AMR doesn't have this and I was originally mistaken about that. I'm sure many many guys don't mind the wider packs with side pockets but for me I didn't like it. You may like it fine though.

What's the weight difference between the 500 and the 1000d? And really what's the benefits of the 1000d? I understand its for the tactiacal version, but is it really only about durability.

RedStag

Lil-Rokslider
Great looking pack, this thing might just replace my ultra 6000. Ultralight has a cost, durability, seems like KIFARU is hitting both sides of the equation in balance

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
First off it was an eberlestock that carried like crap so that leaves a bad tastes in your mouth. But like Aron said it was the wide profile of it that i didn't like. So I know for me that I wouldn't like the nomad folded out or the emr II with the pockets filled up. Now that I have looked closer I see the AMR doesn't have this and I was originally mistaken about that. I'm sure many many guys don't mind the wider packs with side pockets but for me I didn't like it. You may like it fine though.

Just an FYI, I have a couple eberlestocks. The EMR 2 gets nowhere near as wide as an eberlestock when both are stuffed full. I look like a mutant ninja turtle when I fill the eberle up!

tttoadman

WKR
Wimpy guys like me have to be willing to go a little wide to keep the CG closer to my back. I packed a narrow expandable pack for a weekend and learned that in a hurry.

kodiakfly

WKR
As an EMR II day-packer, I can attest that with just the wings loaded and the main compartment compressed, the bag is downright svelt on my back. Even with the main compartment loaded it's not bad. It's not until you stuff the main bag full that the wings come out the sides (if they're loaded too. If they're not loaded they just lay down on top of the bag. The capacity on paper really is misleading compared to how it actually carries and feels. It feels smaller than my Barney's, but it's actually a bigger capacity.

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
Aron these last pictures you have posted show it to be a very nice setup I am new to the thoughts of getting this brand(kifaru) of pack so is everything in camo an extra or is it all part of the setup. Are you the person to contact about these packs.
Thanks for your time.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Stew, the camo is a little extra compared to the solids.

Aron is really good at helping you figure out what pack will best suit your needs.
You will find a lot of great pack info and opinions here on Rokslide as well.

One thing's for sure, you won't be disappointed with Kifaru customer service or quality.

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
Stew, the camo is a little extra compared to the solids.

Aron is really good at helping you figure out what pack will best suit your needs.
You will find a lot of great pack info and opinions here on Rokslide as well.

One thing's for sure, you won't be disappointed with Kifaru customer service or quality.

Thanks Justin, every time I think I have it figured out which one there seems to be some thing else pop up. I prefer solid colours but wasn't sure if the pouches in camo were part of the pack or are they an extra.
I will have to contact Aron for his opinion .
Thanks again

Kotaman

WKR
Stew...Pretty much everything above is "cafeteria" style. Choose your frame, choose your bag, choose your lid, choose your accessories. Aron can walk you through the process, but go to the Kifaru website and familiarize yourself with all the options first.

wyodan

WKR
Aron, I might have missed it but is the top opening larger or smaller than the DT2?