New "MOUNTAIN WARRIOR" pack from Kifaru

aion2come

WKR
Aron, maybe you could clarify this. On the Mountain Warrior pack pics on Kifaru's website, I was left wondering a couple of things. 1) the "flap" that covers the front zipper (around the pocket) that goes into the main bag ... the "tab" with the buckle that connects the strap over the top appears to pull this flap up so it no longer covers the zipper. Given this design, does the flap really accomplish its intended purpose? 2) then the zipper on the outer pocket is without a flap, and even has a gap when the two zippers are pulled together. Just wondering why Kifaru designed this in ways that would definitely allow water in to those areas during a heavy rain. Seems to me that having functional flaps covering both zippers would be a definite improvement in this pack.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Aron, maybe you could clarify this. On the Mountain Warrior pack pics on Kifaru's website, I was left wondering a couple of things. 1) the "flap" that covers the front zipper (around the pocket) that goes into the main bag ... the "tab" with the buckle that connects the strap over the top appears to pull this flap up so it no longer covers the zipper. Given this design, does the flap really accomplish its intended purpose? 2) then the zipper on the outer pocket is without a flap, and even has a gap when the two zippers are pulled together. Just wondering why Kifaru designed this in ways that would definitely allow water in to those areas during a heavy rain. Seems to me that having functional flaps covering both zippers would be a definite improvement in this pack.

The pack system is designed to be connected in different setups and when using the top strap (up and over) the pull from that strap may lift up on the zipper cover on the top. We have the zipper cover because a lot of people will not run that strap and will not see the pull on the top portion. With that said, the top portion only pulls up when you really cinch down on the up and over strap, so most of the time the flap is still over the zipper.

The zippered outer pocket is without a flap because it is an easier pull on the zipper for easy access. The #10 YKK zipper is water resistant as is the pack itself. Even if we put a flap on there it will all still get wet in a heavy rain storm because the bag itself isn't waterproof. We recommend in any heavy rain to use a pack cover. The zipper during testing never had a problem with leaking water and we put it through its paces for sure.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The pack is 4800 CI (roughly and depending on how it's measured). The pocket on back is 950 cubic inches.

Last edited:
OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Joe covered this already, but giving me a phone call may be a good idea.

720-937-1418

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry guys, but I screwed up on what I posted earlier on the pack size. I had too much shtuff going on at one time:)

The main bag of the Mountain Warrior is 4,800 (slightly larger than DT2). The additional pocket on the Mountain Warrior makes it a good bit larger than the DT2.

Hope that makes sense and sorry for the confusion.

Sorry guys, but I screwed up on what I posted earlier on the pack size. I had too much shtuff going on at one time:)

The main bag of the Mountain Warrior is 4,800 (slightly larger than DT2). The additional pocket on the Mountain Warrior makes it a good bit larger than the DT2.

Hope that makes sense and sorry for the confusion.

Awesome that puts it right around 6k with a guide lid.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I get 6950 ci with a Guide lid...4800+950+1200...I'm happy but still confused. :confused:

Exactly what I had figured! The posts above had me wondering if I had ordered a smaller bag than I thought. I think this size will be good for me. Plus I ordered the new tall side pocket and a few diff pouches...so it will be plenty. It is good to have options. My GF says that I am accessorizing my bag...

Kotaman

WKR
I thought about a side pocket or two, but think I'll wait and see how it goes without. I do have a couple hip belt pouches I'll be using, along with the new small/long hip pouch.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Yes it will fit Shrek.
2f02eafbc72602f7a85da7bd48cc07c8.jpg