NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Mike7

WKR
Rough math gives me less than a half pound difference between a timberline 2 and a Dt2 on a UL duplex frame. Makes me wonder if that's enough of a difference to limit yourself with just the timberline 2.

I guess I forgot to take into account that I would be cutting the same 1/2 lb(?) off of any DT2 Bag that I would get, so yeah maybe it is closer than I thought?

My T2 with lash straps is 4 lbs something (can't remember exactly but not much less than 5 lbs I think).

And Duplex T2 Bag is 2 lbs 13 oz uncut + New Duplex Hunting Frame 3 lbs 4 oz = 6 lbs 1 oz (minus whatever I would cut off of the DT2 Bag).

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We're building bags in Fusion now and they will be on the site in a couple weeks.

The full line of Kifaru products will not be available in Fusion, but the big selling items will be.

Aron, any word on the Fusion camo availability?

Thanks,
Ron

bounds

WKR
Yep, it's that simple....take the composite or aluminum stays out and put arrows in their place.

So is it two arrows in each stay slot for a total of four arrows, or is it just one in each slot for two total arrows? I was thinking two total but this made me think twice.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
One arrow in each slot was fine in testing, but two of them fit as well....the weight is so little it's a moot point.

I really don't like panel loaders, but that 22 mag bag has me second guessing. I like the built in side pockets. I may have to buy 2 frames...

Edited to add: I really like that you guys are taking all of the bags that were 21" and below (mollex/zulu/loco/marauder/navigator/etc) and putting them on a 22"+ frame (removable too!) so you can pick and choose what you want.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys, I'm heading out at 3 a.m. on a Ford a scouting trip, but I will answer all of your questions when I return. Have a great weekend

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I really don't like panel loaders, but that 22 mag bag has me second guessing. I like the built in side pockets. I may have to buy 2 frames...

Edited to add: I really like that you guys are taking all of the bags that were 21" and below (mollex/zulu/loco/marauder/navigator/etc) and putting them on a 22"+ frame (removable too!) so you can pick and choose what you want.

Ryan, I remember that being one of the big asks back when Kifaru was throwing out those posts about what we would like to see in the future. Great stuff. I agree on that bag. Im definitely interested in it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I guarantee you that the arrows won't pass the cliff test, but if my pack goes over a cliff I'm probably going to be attached to it anyway, so at that point it really doesn't matter if they survive.

Archerm

Lil-Rokslider
You have that right!!
I guarantee you that the arrows won't pass the cliff test, but if my pack goes over a cliff I'm probably going to be attached to it anyway, so at that point it really doesn't matter if they survive.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
All Joking aside, I have ran the hunting frame for awhile. The two biggest improvement IMO are the new foam in the shoulder straps and the new material on the torso pad. They also fit all of their previous bags, novel concept! The best frame on the market just got better.

ams

WKR
Got to check out Doug's!...... (I was late.......)

So a thank you to Doug and I will be ordering one to mess with myself.