NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Aron - All disclaimers aside the AMR bag will "work" on a 22" frame correct? I'm guessing with the bag top sleeve and tri-glides connecting the bottom of the bag to the frame it should be okay.

I really like my AMR but don't need a 24" frame.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Functionally it will work without issue, but aesthetically it will look a little bit weird. It just hangs slightly lower than the frame. This goes for for all of the larger bags... Duplex timberlines, high camps, mountain warriors, excetra excetra.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Hey Aron when are we getting more info on that other bag you showed in the video for the frame? Very curious about that bag. Plan to order a new designed Duplex Wondering when the new bag will be available to buy also? Thanks. Great work man love the route your taking with the Duplex. Cant wait to try it out with the new Lumbar pad design and size.

Thanks for the good review video Doug. Answered a lot of questions and showed the details.

The new Duplex looks great. You folks at Kifaru are really doing well with improvements and responding to the consumers and marketplace. Kudos on keeping product development under wraps until you were satisfied with the testing, and kudos on the new frame system.

Your release timing was a little painful for me though as I had finally decided on a pack order. I followed through and just submitted that order this afternoon but I may have to get one of the new hunter frames in the not-too-distant future.

Will the bag I ordered today (T2 bag in WG) be built with the hypalon sleeve cut out for the new load lifter adjustability or do you have some stock bags already on the shelf? No worries as I can use the cut out template when I do get a new frame, just curious.

Thanks again for the review Doug and for all of the responses to questions Aron.

Last edited:

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the good review video Doug. Answered a lot of questions and showed the details.

The new Duplex looks great. You folks at Kifaru are really doing well with improvements and responding to the consumers and marketplace. Kudos on keeping product development under wraps until you were satisfied with the testing, and kudos on the new frame system.

Your release timing was a little painful for me though as I had finally decided on a pack order. I followed through and just submitted that order this afternoon but I may have to get one of the new hunter frames in the not-too-distant future.

Will the bag I ordered today (T2 bag in WG) be built with the hypalon sleeve cut out for the new load lifter adjustability or do you have some stock bags already on the shelf? No worries as I can use the cut out template when I do get a new frame, just curious.

Thanks again for the review Doug and for all of the responses to questions Aron.

Hey Brother,

Just call the shop and let them know you want to exchange your order for the new frame.....no issue at all.

I'm not sure if the Hypalon will be cut out or not, as it will depend on what sewing has produced in those bags.

Thanks Aron. I appreciate it but I will stick with my current order as I want a Bikini Frame. The easy adjustment of the new Duplex could help me get the fit dialed in quicker since this is my first Kifaru frame but I can work with the Bikini. I have over-thought the whole thing already and am only slightly concerned about choosing the correct stay length. I played it safe and chose what I know will work so no worries. When I decide to get the new Duplex it will be an addition rather than a replacement.

Keep up the good work!

ams

WKR
Is there a little bit of give to the back padding on the frame? I liked the idea of the pads on the bikini frame being able to pivot and was just wondering if the new frame pads could move slightly because of the way they attach in the middle.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep... I talk about it in the video a bit, but we are using a much softer foam in the torso pads that helps with "give" and articulation. This foam helps for day hunt type type comfort, but won't sacrifice anything for heavy load hauling.
Is there a little bit of give to the back padding on the frame? I liked the idea of the pads on the bikini frame being able to pivot and was just wondering if the new frame pads could move slightly because of the way they attach in the middle.

The new back foam is awesome. Feels almost like memory foam.

Weekender

WKR
Looks like a great upgrade off of a proven platform. Weight decease is a winner. Curious about the back pad while it looks very comfy does it create additional back sweat?

Weekender

WKR
I wouldn't say it creates additional back sweat, but it doesn't take any away either.

Most packs try to create some air gap to allow air flow this looks like it makes contact from waist to shoulders. Hard to see by pictures so I guess I'm curious how it disperses the heat generates.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There's a chimney between the two torso pads going vertical and then there's three horizontal depressions/chanels on the left and right torso pad