NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Any of you guys who have handled the UL version, does it conform/flex to your back at all? I'm debating arrows vs regular stays and imagine the arrows may be more "comfortable" due to their flexibility.

Edited to add: It seems like it would be really difficult to access the hydration sleeve contents in the 22 Mag pack without a zippered entry closer to the frame from the top.

Last edited:
OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The UL version has the identical frame sheet as the hunting..arrows are just a weight savings as once they are in the sleeves and in the frame sheet they are pretty solid. I don't think there will be much difference in feel, and if there is it will be minimal.

DIY

WKR
Will a belt from a bikini frame fit this new duplex, or is it a new belt system

The UL version has the identical frame sheet as the hunting..arrows are just a weight savings as once they are in the sleeves and in the frame sheet they are pretty solid. I don't think there will be much difference in feel, and if there is it will be minimal.
Thanks!

slim9300

WKR
NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Aron why don't you like the load shelf trend?

Because it makes more sense to use the bag and just run a larger bag that fits all your gear and meat. Assuming you are living off your back for days on end, which is how he hunts. Those are my sediments at least. It's been awhile since we talked about it, but Aron and I used to feel the same way. I'm sure he'll answer your question when he gets back.

But that's why Kifaru gives you so many great options. If you prefer to not put meat in your bag, they make a setup for you.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
uploadfromtaptalk1436727110073.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436727206572.jpg

Scouting and testing gear at 13,000 feet right now.

Load shelf is fine with a daypack. ...not a great idea for backpack hunting.

I'll explain more later.

My opinion is that it changes your center of gravity too much if you are trying to pack 50 lbs plus meat. Makes you want to tip over backwards! At least that was my experience when I tried it. It is okay with just a few lbs in a day pack.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The farther you extend weight of your back, the harder it will be to stand upright; so if you have 45 lbs of gear in your pack and then stick 85 lbs of meat between your pack and frame, you'll be hunched over the entire time.

In comparison, if you put the meat inside your bag and keep it up against your back, you won't have the same issues.
Here's a video from a few years ago that shows the way I prefer to pack out meat on a backpack hunt.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=A60ED06755103FE77471A60ED06755103FE77471

And 4 duplex frames just went on sale in the classifieds :D Sell sell sell!

Appreciate the heads up Aron. Frames ordered. I'll try the mountain rambler again on this new frame.