NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

NorthT

FNG
Aron how would that 22 inch frame fit a 5 10 guy. I know that would be pushing it for load lifters but I bought a bikini with nomad last year, honestly it's too much for whitetail stand hunting. Awesome for elk though.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aron how would that 22 inch frame fit a 5 10 guy. I know that would be pushing it for load lifters but I bought a bikini with nomad last year, honestly it's too much for whitetail stand hunting. Awesome for elk though.
You'd get lift for sure, but after 60lbs or so (roughly ) it would be on your shoulders.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Most packs try to create some air gap to allow air flow this looks like it makes contact from waist to shoulders. Hard to see by pictures so I guess I'm curious how it disperses the heat generates.

I haven't used a pack that dissipates enough of the heat/sweat for normal hunting or packing situations. I just hunt with a wet back. But if there's a breeze, it doesn't take long to dry out when I take my pack off.

bbrown

WKR
Looks like you designed that 22 Mag just for me - perfect guide/day pack. Might have finally found something to replace the MR Longbow I modded to fit my bikini frame.

Can you let me know the specs - size, weight, price etc.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks like you designed that 22 Mag just for me - perfect guide/day pack. Might have finally found something to replace the MR Longbow I modded to fit my bikini frame.

Can you let me know the specs - size, weight, price etc.

2,500 in the main bag...not sure what the side pockets are exactly, as they fold down anyway.

Roughly $240 for non camo

need to weigh it, so I'll get back with you on that.

Last edited:
It will depend on how the sales go for both the bikini and UL Duplex.

Will be interesting to see how this shakes out. You can probably count my recent Bikini order as the first after the release of the new UL Duplex. I stayed with the Bikini for increased ventilation and the butt sweat algorithm mentioned.....

Mike7

WKR
Aron,

Are there any plans to update the Timberline pack series with the new Duplex belt design, softer torso pads with air flow channels, shoulder strap design, and even load lifter attachment changes if that's possible? Or is that not even necessary for the Timberline series, as it's forte is more comfort and mobility at lighter loads compared to the Duplex?

I don't mind being stuck with one good pack choice, so not sure I would need a Duplex frame when my T2 is under 5 lbs w/ a standard lid after a little trimming, and carries everything that I have put in it very comfortably (I haven't needed to put more than 80 lbs in it yet though). The comfort changes on the new Duplex look like they could make a Timberline more comfortable though...and I would have to buy that I think and give my spoiled son my older T2.

Thanks, Mike

Aron,

Are there any plans to update the Timberline pack series with the new Duplex belt design, softer torso pads with air flow channels, shoulder strap design, and even load lifter attachment changes if that's possible? Or is that not even necessary for the Timberline series, as it's forte is more comfort and mobility at lighter loads compared to the Duplex?

I don't mind being stuck with one good pack choice, so not sure I would need a Duplex frame when my T2 is under 5 lbs w/ a standard lid after a little trimming, and carries everything that I have put in it very comfortably (I haven't needed to put more than 80 lbs in it yet though). The comfort changes on the new Duplex look like they could make a Timberline more comfortable though...and I would have to buy that I think and give my spoiled son my older T2.

Thanks, Mike
Rough math gives me less than a half pound difference between a timberline 2 and a Dt2 on a UL duplex frame. Makes me wonder if that's enough of a difference to limit yourself with just the timberline 2.