NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The tactical frame will be coyote brown and hunting frame will be black. The shoulder strap and belt options will be wolf, coyote brown, and black.

Nothing to do with that at all, actually Kryptek is our best seller and we will continue offering it for the rest of time I would guess.

I will say that offering seven different colors of shoulder straps in a bikini frame, duplex frame, and on the system is a bit of a pain in the butt. We also wanted to keep the cost down of the frame to equal or lesser than the duplex we now offer and the foam and some of the changes we made did increase the price.

Knowing all of this we asked several current users and also did a poll on Facebook, asking if we only offered solid colors would it be an issue. The general feedback we got was it would not be an issue and now we are able to keep the price equal or lesser than our current duplex.

I'm using talk / text to answer these so hopefully they make sense

Makes a ton of sense.

Solo Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Is wolf just foliage and grey mixed together? Any blue in the mix? I like the wolf grey color just not sure about it for hunting. Maybe over thinking it, but the CB is growing on me. Great videos and information. Good work Kifaru hit a home run here!

Last edited:

ams

WKR
I can't wait to read the threads on the UL about using arrows. They will go something like this.....

I switched to a 400 spine and the pack carries itself! I use small diameter shafts cut to 28.6542837 inches and it's perfect. Or, what really made the hunt was using FMJ's for stays!

Being more serious, I'm really looking forward to the new hunting frame. I did not care for the bikini, loved the duplex but was trying to go lighter, sold off perfectly good timberlines and currently use a paradox but can honestly say I now want a friggin frame sheet between me and the pack. Some bone, cooking stove, or other annoying object always found a way to poke me in the back and I'm done with that.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
uploadfromtaptalk1436357910801.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436357946061.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436357971632.jpg

These photos should help explain how the new load lifter angle/adjustment will work.

The bags that are in production currently will look like this when shipped.

If you have a bag that has a full Hypalon sleeve and don't have the load lifter angle at the top, we can walk you through the dimensions needed to look like the photos I just posted.

As always, feel free to call with any questions.

Last edited:

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Negative....we tried a belt like that not lone ago and everyone hated it.

From what I've seen you post and what others have told me, I've got you figured out.

You are a tall guy and have gotten so use to packing all the weight on your shoulders and none on your hips, anything different feels weird.

Having a belt built to keep the weight on your hips feels bad because of the reasons mentioned above.

When you tried our frame, you never actually called me with questions and just used the pack as you thought it should be worn. Doing that (wearing it as you thought it should be) put the lumbar pad WAY TOO HIGH in your back. You then tried to run it with no lumbar pad, but that's because it was riding really high and left a lump in your back 4-6 inches higher than it should be.

Anyway, if you drive up to Kifaru, I'm betting a 26" frame with arrows and thin lumbar pad would be perfect for you. I've got 4 guys testing the new frame now that are all over 6'4" and 22-23" torso lengths.

I know I'm in the minority here, but is there any chance of ever offering a one-piece belt as an option about 3 - 3 1/2" tall?

View attachment 26552View attachment 26553View attachment 26554

These photos should help explain how the new load lifter angle/adjustment will work.

The bags that are in production currently will look like this when shipped.

If you have a bag that has a full Hypalon sleeve and don't have the load lifter angle at the top, we can walk you through the dimensions needed to look like the photos I just posted.

As always, feel free to call with any questions.
Aron - Could it be as easy as putting a template on the kifaru website that guys can print off and just x-acto knife it?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That's what we're doing, but I don't want guys hacking shit away that isn't needed!

If a guy is maxed out on lift with a 24" frame, then there's no need to cut anything.....just want to make sure that's clear in the beginning or guys will start going to town with the razor knife for no reason.

We'll also be sending a template with every new frame.
Aron - Could it be as easy as putting a template on the kifaru website that guys can print off and just x-acto knife it?

That's what we're doing, but I don't want guys hacking shit away that isn't needed!

If a guy is maxed out on lift with a 24" frame, then there's no need to cut anything.....just want to make sure that's clear in the beginning or guys will start going to town with the razor knife for no reason.

We'll also be sending a template with every new frame.
Great!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You are a tall guy and have gotten so use to packing all the weight on your shoulders and none on your hips, anything different feels weird.

Actually, almost all the weight is on my hips, the shoulder straps just hold the top of the pack close to my back. I wear the belt as a "waist belt" and it cinches down above my hips. Absolutely no possibility of the belt slipping. Yes, I'm tall but not a tall torso (more like a 17 or 18). And wearing the pack higher than most I actually prefer even a shorter frame than most, because the stays are still above my shoulders.

I tried the Bikini set up as the instructions said, even lower around the hips, and with heavy weight I couldn't keep anything to stay put. And with the wide 3-piece belt, it wasn't even possible to wear it like I would normally.

When I visited, I fully expected to be able to try everything out especially with some heavy weights. But at that time you didn't seem to have anything in the shop to try. The Bikini I tried on didn't even have a lumbar pad in it, which is why it felt pretty good to me in the shop. It was quite a surprise when I opened mine up and tried it on and had the knee in my back and/or tailbone, even with light weights.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Gotcha.... Our belt is definitely made to ride on the hips and not above them.

Either way, if possible, it would be great to get you fitted myself and see what's going on with the lumbar pad...especially with you in front of me.

If you're torso is 18, then you must have a 36" inseam, so you could probably go with a 24" frame instead of a 26" and that would probably help as well.

The showroom is fully set up now, so we can get you fitted for multiple systems.

Just give me a call sometime if you wanna meet up.

720-937-1418
Actually, almost all the weight is on my hips, the shoulder straps just hold the top of the pack close to my back. I wear the belt as a "waist belt" and it cinches down above my hips. Absolutely no possibility of the belt slipping. Yes, I'm tall but not a tall torso (more like a 17 or 18). And wearing the pack higher than most I actually prefer even a shorter frame than most, because the stays are still above my shoulders.

I tried the Bikini set up as the instructions said, even lower around the hips, and with heavy weight I couldn't keep anything to stay put. And with the wide 3-piece belt, it wasn't even possible to wear it like I would normally.

When I visited, I fully expected to be able to try everything out especially with some heavy weights. But at that time you didn't seem to have anything in the shop to try. The Bikini I tried on didn't even have a lumbar pad in it, which is why it felt pretty good to me in the shop. It was quite a surprise when I opened mine up and tried it on and had the knee in my back and/or tailbone, even with light weights.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If you're torso is 18, then you must have a 36" inseam

Actually it's a 38".......which is why finding pants to fit is such a problem. I actually cut my Paradox frame down to 22" and wear it lower with lighter weights to keep the frame out of the way, and can add the extensions for hauling heavier weights.

You don't have one of those 1-piece test belts laying around that you want to get rid of, do you?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Actually it's a 38".......which is why finding pants to fit is such a problem. I actually cut my Paradox frame down to 22" and wear it lower with lighter weights to keep the frame out of the way, and can add the extensions for hauling heavier weights.

You don't have one of those 1-piece test belts laying around that you want to get rid of, do you?
I bet you can hike up a storm then!

oldgoat

WKR
Six pages of posts and not one question about price!, that says a lot about it's worth! But I'm a cheap old man, if the price going to be the same as the old Duplex frame?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think I've mentioned it already, but if not it will be 320 for the ultralight, 336 for the tactical or hunting with aluminum stays, & 376 for the tactical or hunting with composite stays.

I know you're still working on the videos, but it doesn't appear that the belt is any different than the current duplex. Will we be able to purchase just the frame sheet in any configuration without a belt for people who already have a duplex?
Aron, not sure if this was missed. Are the old duplex belts interchangable with the new frame and if so will the frame be available to purchase without a belt?