NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Is the only difference between the 22" and 26" frames the length of stays? If I order a 26" frame and some 22" stays can I just swap them out if I want a smaller profile? Thanks.

No, the 22" frame also has a 22" frame sheet, and the 26" frame has a 26" frame sheet.....so that would not be possible.

So what is the estimated turn around time for these new frames right now? I'm guessing they are backlogged 3 months or more.

So if you wanted a light day bag with exterior pockets (zippered and unzippered suitable for trekking poles, spotting scopes, tripod, fishing rod) on the new Hunter frame with a Cargo panel for hauling meat...which bag would you choose?

So if you wanted a light day bag with exterior pockets (zippered and unzippered suitable for trekking poles, spotting scopes, tripod, fishing rod) on the new Hunter frame with a Cargo panel for hauling meat...which bag would you choose?
I'm not sure on the cargo panel usage, but I'm planning on using the mountain rambler for that. I bought a 22" frame to use with the mountain rambler sans belt for lighter set ups. You can also use the bag without a lid.

Mountain rambler sounds Tailer made for what you want

But I don't need a gun carrier (prefer the Gunbearer) and want a pack that's not quite so wide...so I can get into tighter places. Wish they made a Zippy w/ pockets like the DT packs in a slightly larger size (2500ci). Maybe a spike camp would work with the cargo panel for meat hauling?

Last edited:

wyodan

WKR
But I don't need a gun carrier (prefer the Gunbearer) and want a pack that's not quite so wide...so I can get into tighter places. Wish they made a Zippy w/ pockets like the DT packs in a slightly larger size (2500ci). Maybe a spike camp would work with the cargo panel for meat hauling?

I'm hoping they come out with something similar to the spike camp or late season for a 24" frame. It would be sweet to have one with a zippered pocket like on the timberlines, & a top pocket like the 22 mag. I'm all over that if it happens.

With all the new advancemnts is the original duplex frame/system still going to be produced?

Obviously much has changed on the new frames. But regarding the load lifter loops is there anyway Kifaru plans on making a kit to modify older duplex frames? It seems doable maybe I'm wrong.

dotman

WKR
If people stop ordering them then they will go away, like all Kifaru items if they don't move they go to the rhino den.

three5x5s

WKR
Mountain rambler sounds Tailer made for what you want
I'm looking at the 22Mag bag with the ultalight frame. 3000ci bag. 1600ci main bag w/ 700ci in each side pocket. The pockets fold down when not in use to make the pack alot slimmer. The new Fuison 500D should be a lighter also. I thought I wanted the spike camp but think I'll get this set up instead.

NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

I'm looking at the 22Mag bag with the ultalight frame. 3000ci bag. 1600ci main bag w/ 700ci in each side pocket. The pockets fold down when not in use to make the pack alot slimmer. The new Fuison 500D should be a lighter also. I thought I wanted the spike camp but think I'll get this set up instead.

I guess, it's smaller, more expensive, heavier and doesn't have a load sling which is what Bruce wanted....