NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Just ordered the new hunting frame with reg aluminum stays. My current multicam duplex frame will go to my Dad. It is a medium belt so hopefully it will fit him.

If he doesn't want it then I will sell it.

trk3263

WKR
The UL works really well for me, but what frame works best is highly dependent on each persons body type. Some of the guys we had try the UL frame loved it, but others preferred the hunting frame over the UL for comfort.

Thanks the Bikini works great for me so kind of having a hard time justifying the upgrade to the D15 so trying to keep the cost down. And like the weight of the UL.

slim9300

WKR
NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

I wear a Medium with a 34" waist. I called back and changed to 26" stays. I was told they are at 4-week lead times now, that is great!

Have you actually measured your waist? Or is that pant size?

My waist truly measures 33.5" and I use an extra small. I can get away with a small with loads less than 60 lbs. but for heavy loads, to get my hip belt 'Patrick Smith' tight, I need the extra small.

hunting1

WKR
Have you actually measured your waist? Or is that pant size?

My waist truly measures 33.5" and I use an extra small. I can get away with a small with loads less than 60 lbs. but for heavy loads, to get my hip belt 'Patrick Smith' tight, I need the extra small.

Loose pant size. I had a small on my Siwash and always felt I couldn't get it tight enough, so switched to a Medium. Cinched down I have about an inch on each side or so.

Based off your pics, I am a fuller figure than you though....;)

slim9300

WKR
Loose pant size. I had a small on my Siwash and always felt I couldn't get it tight enough, so switched to a Medium. Cinched down I have about an inch on each side or so.

Based off your pics, I am a fuller figure than you though....;)

I'm 6' 3" and 185 lbs. I'm not a skinny as I used to be. Lol.

Manosteel

WKR
Frame ordered. 26" hunting model but I picked up the arrow stay kit to try out, along with a bunch of other kifaru goodness!

For whatever it's worth, I am 5'10", 185 lbs, with a 32/33" waist. Had an xtra small belt on the bikini frame and after talking to Aron for a bit I went with the small belt on this one.

I also ordered a 26 hunting and dt1 this morning. Can't wait for the frame to get done so I can go pick them up. Thinking about getting the mag 22 in fusion for a day pack too. Just wish the frames were ready for my trip to MT next week.

trk3263

WKR
Frame ordered. 26" hunting model but I picked up the arrow stay kit to try out, along with a bunch of other kifaru goodness!

For whatever it's worth, I am 5'10", 185 lbs, with a 32/33" waist. Had an xtra small belt on the bikini frame and after talking to Aron for a bit I went with the small belt on this one.

I am very similar inside and Aron talked me into a small when I got my Bikini frame and it is a perfect fit.

The duplex has been an incredible pack for me. Got a new one coming with the AMR bag. Excited to put it to good use this season!

slim9300

WKR

Thanks for the info.

123 4/8 P&Y

Lil-Rokslider
That's covered in the videos, but it will depend on where you need the angle for each persons torso length.

I didn't see where this was covered. Does anyone have a pic of an old style bag on the new style frame? I am considering getting the new frame but I don't know how my timberline bag will work with the load lifter ladders.

I didn't see where this was covered. Does anyone have a pic of an old style bag on the new style frame? I am considering getting the new frame but I don't know how my timberline bag will work with the load lifter ladders.

It's will be fine. If you dont use the lower lifters you won't need to cut anything, if you want them Aron said the new frames will come with a template on how to cut the hypalon. If imagine a slit with a razor knife would be all that's called for.

Is the 22 Mag packs internal capacity really only 1600 ci? That seems really small compared to the pictures I'm seeing on the site.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We cubed each portion of the bag and used a conservative number; It's probably a bit bigger than 1,600, but again, we used conservative numbers.
Is the 22 Mag packs internal capacity really only 1600 ci? That seems really small compared to the pictures I'm seeing on the site.

Markdjr

FNG
Is the only difference between the 22" and 26" frames the length of stays? If I order a 26" frame and some 22" stays can I just swap them out if I want a smaller profile? Thanks.