NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just ordered. I ordered the medium belt. I am concerned because the medium Bikini belt was too big for me. I went with the medium on the new frame because it says 34-38 and I am 36" at my hips. Hope it fits and I can get it good and tight without running out of room.
It will fit perfectly. ...no worries on that.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
The guide lid is a better option.

Agreed....I really liked the guide lid over the long hunter just because the zipper design, slightly larger, and fits on the packbag betters.

But then I needed a day pack for a short hike away from camp during our 60 mile thru hike 2 weeks ago and really didn't want to haul the whole bag and frame of the Mountain Warrior on the Bikini frame (though I would have lived to tell the tale hauling that ridiculous weight ;) But then I said outloud to Becca as I remembered "I think I remember seeing Aron turn this thing into a daypack" and was pleasantly surprised it turned into a MUCH better daypack than the long hunter lid.

Agreed....I really liked the guide lid over the long hunter just because the zipper design, slightly larger, and fits on the packbag betters.

But then I needed a day pack for a short hike away from camp during our 60 mile thru hike 2 weeks ago and really didn't want to haul the whole bag and frame of the Mountain Warrior on the Bikini frame (though I would have lived to tell the tale hauling that ridiculous weight ;) But then I said outloud to Becca as I remembered "I think I remember seeing Aron turn this thing into a daypack" and was pleasantly surprised it turned into a MUCH better daypack than the long hunter lid.

Typhoon looks good on ya Luke...

edg1967

WKR
Two questions on the 22 Mag:

1. When the side pockets are filled, like with a spotter and tripod, etc., about how wide is it?

2. How would it work my 24" duplex frame? Would a little frame/belt stick out below? I'm not too concerned about looks, but more about function just so it doesn't look like a turd in a punch bowl.

Thanks!

Thanks for that, getting that pack but not in that color, afraid some half blind asshat with a .300 Winmag will shoot me thinking I'm a black bear. It happens.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
What color you getting then?

I wear a lot more black clothing than anything else as camo is usually more. No changing my wardrobe so the pack color is the least of my concerns. A simple Orange hat would do wonders if you are really worried about it.

What color you getting then?

I wear a lot more black clothing than anything else as camo is usually more. No changing my wardrobe so the pack color is the least of my concerns. A simple Orange hat would do wonders if you are really worried about it.

Mandrake

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
A simple Orange hat would do wonders if you are really worried about it.

You've obviously never hunted Colorado. Someone would just think it was a bear wearing an orange hat, and still shoot at it.

I'm just wondering if we have a choice as to what straightness and spine consistency on the .200 spine arrows?:)

dotman

WKR
You've obviously never hunted Colorado. Someone would just think it was a bear wearing an orange hat, and still shoot at it.

I'm just wondering if we have a choice as to what straightness and spine consistency on the .200 spine arrows?:)

Even more important, what brand of arrow :)