NEW Kifaru Duplex Timberline Series

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Brother,

I'm doing cardio at Red Rocks, but when I get back I will snap a few photos of my Afflixtion strapped inside the Cargo Panel.

If anyone else needs photos of a special configuration, post what you need on this thread and I will get them going.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hold your horses dude!!!

We made a 24" and a 26" hunting/Duplex frame for the new Timberline bags and that threw a chink in the chain. They are updating the Kifaru site now and the packs should be ready to order this week.

I will keep you posted when everything is ready.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That's correct Stephen....

This slowed things down a few days, but well worth it for guys hunting in the thick stuff or have a short torso.

The 24" hunting frame (new model) will weigh a bit less than the MMR since it will have the hunting shoulder straps and belt.

Jax

FNG
Did the cargo panel haul your bow better than using the grab-it setup?

Hey Brother,

I'm doing cardio at Red Rocks, but when I get back I will snap a few photos of my Afflixtion strapped inside the Cargo Panel.

If anyone else needs photos of a special configuration, post what you need on this thread and I will get them going.

My bad. I was about to have a meltdown, or as my co-workers put it, a Temper Brandrum. Get a bigger hammer, she won't fit yet! I raughed out roud at your post.

Hold your horses dude!!!

We made a 24" and a 26" hunting/Duplex frame for the new Timberline bags and that threw a chink in the chain. They are updating the Kifaru site now and the packs should be ready to order this week.

I will keep you posted when everything is ready.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The hunting 24 will have the hunting shoulder straps and belt. That will drop a few ounces off the total weight, but not sure the exact amount (8-10 I think).

stephen b

WKR
The hunting 24 will have the hunting shoulder straps and belt. That will drop a few ounces off the total weight, but not sure the exact amount (8-10 I think).

Wow, that is light! My MMR with the composite stays and small belt is right at 3lbs 15 oz.

Knock another 1/2 pound or more off that and now you have one light frame.

My old NICE frame at a ht. of 21" was listed by MR at 4 lbs. 4 oz. But it came in at 4 lbs. 9 oz. with a (M) harness and (S) belt.

So a frame like Kifaru's with a 24" stay ht that comes in anywhere near 3.5 lbs is light!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
DSC00926.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

DSC00929.jpg

Lawnboi

WKR
Aron, just something that i would personally like to see from kifaru. I like the idea of the cargo pannel, i am debating on getting a cargo panel or grab it for stashing stuff and aiding in compression. Only problem is that the cargo pannel is pretty heavy, I dont know if that has alot to do with all the molle, 1000d construction or what have you.

But i think it would be awsome to see a 500d cargo pannel w/ minimal pocket attachment. Id bet it would be pretty light, and that would definetly be something id add to my pack.

Especially considering that the timberline packs were designed to cut weight, seems with all the interest in the series w/ a cargo pannel this would be something of interest to alot of people

Jax

FNG
I could be wrong, but that looks like the hunting version made out of 500d cordura and non-molle. If you look at the website under the tactical haulers you can see the cargo panel loaded with molle which is different than the one pictured. Also judging from the photo, 1000d cordura is darker then 500d and the fabric on the panels seems to match the bag which would suggest they are both 500d in these pictures.

It may be heavier than the grab-it, but based on the photos Aron just posted I am sold on the concept and it looks like it trumps the grab-it.

Aron, just something that i would personally like to see from kifaru. I like the idea of the cargo pannel, i am debating on getting a cargo panel or grab it for stashing stuff and aiding in compression. Only problem is that the cargo pannel is pretty heavy, I dont know if that has alot to do with all the molle, 1000d construction or what have you.

But i think it would be awsome to see a 500d cargo pannel w/ minimal pocket attachment. Id bet it would be pretty light, and that would definetly be something id add to my pack.

Especially considering that the timberline packs were designed to cut weight, seems with all the interest in the series w/ a cargo pannel this would be something of interest to alot of people

TheTone

WKR
Any chance we could get a picture of the frame with some assorted pockets and pouches mounted on it? Seems to me you could make a pretty versatile set up with the frame, cargo panel and some different pockets; sort of a home made Kifaru crew cab.