New Frame and Bags from Kifaru International

So while continuing to build my pack in my head waiting to see if my bonus comes through...does Kifaru offer any options for packing a gun? While researching packs, that's one feature I really liked with the ICON's. Three more weeks to see if I get my bonus!

ScoutFox

FNG
Travis, Yeah they have the GunBearer system. I have not tried it yet but most folks say its a great option.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
[video=youtube;Kcmhw1vlvTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kcmhw1vlvTw[/video]

OBP

WKR
Aron, any idea when the new meat bag and the k hook adapter kits will be up on the website?

6t4nova

WKR
Aron, any idea when the new meat bag and the k hook adapter kits will be up on the website?

I met with Aron yesterday and asked the same thing. It's on the site, but hidden :) You have to go to the pictures and then click on the picture of the meat bag on the frame. heres a link to the meat bag -

https://www.kifaru.net/xcart/catalog/Generation-2-Hanging-Meat-Bag--p-16610.html

Here's the link to the k hook adapters - https://www.kifaru.net/xcart/catalog/K-Connector-Conversion-Kit-p-16608.html

Regarding the picture of the HC1 and 2 on post #454, does the HC2 have enough attachment points to fit two medium pouches, meaning are there 4 sets of attachment points as on the HC1?

I'm definitely going to be picking up that meat baggie and aux gun bearer before this season!! Tired of strapping my gun in the grab-it.

Mike

slim9300

WKR
I'm definitely going to be picking up that meat baggie and aux gun bearer before this season!! Tired of strapping my gun in the grab-it.

Mike

Based on what I see from the videos it looks like I could use my regular Timberline gun bearer on both the side of the DT pack and the hip belt. They both appear to use two 3-bar sliders to attach to the pals webbing. Am I missing something Aron?

JLF

FNG

Mike

Mike, I'm considering the same setup (rifle strapped in the grab-it) could you offer a picture and more feedback on this setup. Thanks.

Let me dig up a picture...

The method works good to keep your rifle on your pack. I use the top compression strap wrapped around the fore-end of the stock to keep it tight to the pack.

Two things that I don't like about the rifle in the grab-it: it's not very quick to access, and depending on how full your pack is, I've noticed that the top compression strap will work itself loose if it is at the wrong angled coming off the rifle to the buckle.

One other thing I'll mention on the grab-it. I keep the bottom two attachment points connected all the time. I simply roll the top straps into the grab it and tuck the whole piece under the sleeping bag compartment compression straps. Keeps it easy-access and you never have to worry about the three bar sliders being difficult in cold weather or with a wet pack!

Mike

Here is a few pictures. Sorry for the crap cell phone pictures...
Here is the top compression strap. Sometimes I'll have it under the top lid but left it on top for the picture.

ezuquge2.jpg

Here's how the rifle rides.
2amanebu.jpg

Here's how I keep my grab-it while not in use.
negu4ate.jpg

Mike