New Frame and Bags from Kifaru International

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe I'm being picky... I am on the fence... DT series bag or Highcamp bag.... the only thing holding me back from the highcamp is I really really like the side slash pockets on the dt's. What are the chances of a custom bag??? a combo of the 2......

With all the possible options of lash kits, custom pockets, kits etc, Kifaru is about as custom as it gets. Why not get the HC and add some pockets to the side?

As Hammer said they dont do custom bags, and they shouldnt have to as they leave all the customization to the client. Which IMO is AWESOME!@

I to enjoy my side pockets and front zippered pouches too much to every go for the highcamp bag. And until I get to try out one of the bikinni frames I'll be sticking with my standard T1. Though if I had to do it over again I'd probably go for the DT1 bag and the bikinni frame. Just can't justify the cost vs. benefits right now...

Mike

Why not get the HC and add some pockets to the side?

Now I have a duplex frame with a few UL long pockets and a cargo panel. I use it for day hunts by attaching one or both long pockets to the frame. I don't like the way they sag down and are a bit floppy. I think that would be worse on a bag that isn't full, especially with a spotter and tripod ..... think being the key word..... and I like the concept of the slash pockets with open tops vs. using long pockets on the side....

Basically I like the idea of the DT bag with a zipper front like the HC bag and roll top and K connectors.....

wapitibob

WKR
I'll look the combinations over tonight and change my order; I like the Kryptek. I got in early so hopefully not too long of a wait. The price was a pleasant surprise also.

Curtis C

WKR
Now I have a duplex frame with a few UL long pockets and a cargo panel. I use it for day hunts by attaching one or both long pockets to the frame. I don't like the way they sag down and are a bit floppy. I think that would be worse on a bag that isn't full, especially with a spotter and tripod ..... think being the key word..... and I like the concept of the slash pockets with open tops vs. using long pockets on the side....

Basically I like the idea of the DT bag with a zipper front like the HC bag and roll top and K connectors.....

One of the quirks about the DT bags and its side pockets is they are hard to use when the main body of the pack is STUFFED. The main body of the pack tends to take up the space of the side pocket. I like keeping my water bladder in the side pocket of my DT2 for quick access but it was tough to get it back in the pocket after a fill if the pack was full. I am hopeful an add on side pocket will maintain its volume when used with a HC bag.

If you get a DT bag you should look at the big one so you dont have to STUFF the main body of the pack. That will keep the side pockets more usable.

Curtis

Curtis C

WKR
Forsure. I am more referring to the people that like everything but were on the fence before the chance at a camo frame.

I wonder if people were on the fence more for the color choice on the HC bag. I ordered the frame when black was the only option, once the bag was offered in other colors I added the bag and changed the frame color to match. I think the black frame will still work quite well and have thought about changing my order back to the black frame. Once you put on a few belt pockets very little black will show.

I'm right there with ya, i just picture a long pocket hooked to the side stuffed with a 4lb spotter swinging and dangling....
but i like the idea of the modular front pockets and roll top

Lawnboi

WKR
Im thinking for a spotter Im going to run a KU long pocket right in the middle of the pack, where you would put the belt pockets if you wanted it like the t series.

That way my pack will still be sleek on the sides, with less hangups on limbs and junk, and I can utilize the bungee cord to keep the spotter from moving anywhere.

Any word on the weight penalty of going with colors on the bag. Im pretty sure Ill be getting a black frame, cause I don't see a need for any different color frame. But I would like to know the weight differences in the bag.

Any word on the weight penalty of going with colors on the bag. Im pretty sure Ill be getting a black frame, cause I don't see a need for any different color frame. But I would like to know the weight differences in the bag.

All the weights are on page 27, post 531. If you go to the Kifaru site, the weights are listed there also.

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
What kit do you need to order with the frame/bag in order to swap everything from the K-hooks to buckles??

Curtis C

WKR
Lawnboi the site says add 2oz for the highcamp bag in Foliage, MC or Highlander. It looks like the webbing is where that weight comes from.

The frame is 3.5oz heavier for anything other than black.

stephen b

WKR
What kit do you need to order with the frame/bag in order to swap everything from the K-hooks to buckles??

Luke here you go

From Kifaru: ( $2.50 for male and female buckle) Slotted Quick Attach Female SR Buckles and Adjustable Male SR Buckles

http://www.kifaru.net/kits.html

or cheaper option $.50 a piece for complete male and female buckles if buy 10 pack. or $.75 if buy less than 10

http://milspecmonkey.com/store/tactical-gear/hardware/accessories/itw-1-repair-buckle-srb

Lawnboi

WKR
Will it work if we order a black frame, and colored bag? Im liking the weight savings of the black frame, but 2oz I can live with for the bag if it means I wont be the same color as game. Although that coyote does look good after you get some blood on it.

Will it work if we order a black frame, and colored bag? Im liking the weight savings of the black frame, but 2oz I can live with for the bag if it means I wont be the same color as game. Although that coyote does look good after you get some blood on it.

Did you get the 7000 or the 4800?

dotman

WKR

I would assume since the DT bags work that it is fine to get it that way.