New Cargo Panel from Kifaru.

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
He is too picky :)

Maybe, but he has 20 plus years of bowhunting elk experience he's sharing with me so I'm not going to pretend I know better.

I may look into the daypack thing. Thanks

dotman

WKR
The Large side pocket fits as good or better then a medium.

Will you post pics of the large side pocket on the outside top portion of the cp with a medium pocket below it? Also if possible and if it fits, can you post a pic of a back pouch connected to the inner mounts?

kodiakfly

WKR
I ordered one today and am looking forward to using it in conjunction with my Rambler. It might be overkill but I plan on using it to secure a bow with a little more protection than the Grabit. Am I wrong to assume this would work?

Your thinking is correct....it'll work great as you've described.

OK, same here. So how about over an EMRII? I was all ready to order a Rambler and stash the bow behind the pack and have the pockets on the outside. But now I think I'll just add this to my EMRII and carry the bow as I was behind my Grab-It, but with more protection and pockets on the outside.

kodiakfly

WKR
And what about pockets on this thing? What fits well? Belt pouches? Long Pouches? Long pockets?

dotman

WKR
Will you post pics of the large side pocket on the outside top portion of the cp with a medium pocket below it? Also if possible and if it fits, can you post a pic of a back pouch connected to the inner mounts?

????

edg1967

WKR
Pics

My Cargo panel and Large Side Pocket came today. Unfortunately, I sold my Duplex frame so I could order a 24" one and the replacement won't be here for a few weeks so I just have to imagine how it will work. I plan, at least for now, to run the large Side Pocket on the back, and on the inside run a large belt pouch below a medium belt pouch. If I need more space I'll also run the guide lid. More than likely I'll run a OR dry bag with my camp between the frame and panel. Of course this could change when I get the frame and start loading everything into the pockets on the panel. I attached the Side Pocket with the Malice clips provided and really like the rigidity of that system.

I will add that I really like the little zippered pocket on the panel, but may put extra clips and lashing straps in a chamber pocket and use that pocket for valuables or something like that.

Attachments

• IMG_1726.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_1727.JPG
    IMG_1727.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 327
My Cargo panel and Large Side Pocket came today. Unfortunately, I sold my Duplex frame so I could order a 24" one and the replacement won't be here for a few weeks so I just have to imagine how it will work. I plan, at least for now, to run the large Side Pocket on the back, and on the inside run a large belt pouch below a medium belt pouch. If I need more space I'll also run the guide lid. More than likely I'll run a OR dry bag with my camp between the frame and panel. Of course this could change when I get the frame and start loading everything into the pockets on the panel. I attached the Side Pocket with the Malice clips provided and really like the rigidity of that system.

I will add that I really like the little zippered pocket on the panel, but may put extra clips and lashing straps in a chamber pocket and use that pocket for valuables or something like that.

Sweet setup there. Should work very well!

I love this new cargo panel and the "new" coyote brown color. Seems a touch darker than previous. So many options to run this panel!

That is a guide lid with a large and medium pocket on the outside and two long pockets vertical on the inside. Both long pockets for side by side on exterior too.

After looking at this cargo panel for a day now I think I am still going to run my nomad for elk camp but the panel is going to get the nod for two or three scouting trips. Will see how it goes during the dry run.

gelton

WKR
I generally do 8-10 day trips and I am wondering if it would be overkill to carry the cargo panel along with a dt1 to your spike camp. Once there ditch the t1 bag and run the cargo panel for hunting and day trips out from the bivy spot or if the gif is just getting to me. The cargo panel seems super versatile.

dotman

WKR
I generally do 8-10 day trips and I am wondering if it would be overkill to carry the cargo panel along with a dt1 to your spike camp. Once there ditch the t1 bag and run the cargo panel for hunting and day trips out from the bivy spot or if the gif is just getting to me. The cargo panel seems super versatile.

GIF, if you want to do that sell the dt1 and just use a dry bag or get the camp bag.

dotman

WKR
Really liking this thing, the large side pocket and a med belt pocket fit on the back. I have a back pouch and another med belt pocket on the inside with a HPG pals pocket on the frame. MR daypack lid mounts up perfect. Now doubt I run a lid until the later season hunts as with everything else I probably have 3000ci and tons of organization. If needed the back pouch can always be strapped outside of the large side pocket.

300C0F37-A8C7-4F75-BFD6-3F00A4124A7A_zps9er6tosm.jpg

Last edited:

kodiakfly

WKR
I may've missed it earlier in the thread, but what's the wait time on these? Month or so? I've got one and some more pockets on order. Looking to do the bow thing described above. Will post pics when it gets here.