New Cargo Panel from Kifaru.

unm1136

WKR
I really wanted to wait until I made my order, and I screwed myself (sorta). For those of you wishing to run the cargo panel like Aron is with the belt pouches on the inside/outside, or if you have a Marauder like mine, or if you want to put belt pouches inside an EMRII, The KU pouches are available in the Rhino den, and for many of those uses the inside the panel or pack the KU pouches are lighter weight, and protected by the nature of being inside the bag. I waited a skosh too long, and last week there were belt pouches in KU in all sizes. This morning when I finally pulled the trigger they were out of Larges, with mediums and smalls being available. I just bought a couple of each, and plan to put them to use as soon as they get there.

Maybe we can get them to re-evaluate their decision to discontinue the KU belt pouches, since as Aron pointed out the Cargo Panel with pockets makes an extremely light day pack. I would buy at least a half dozen more KU belt pouches in all three sizes, since I have a pocket fetish, and like organization, and am trying to lighten my pack weight. They seem to be 2/3 the weight of the 500D pockets, and the KU material has some stretch and give to it.

pat

kodiakfly

WKR
I'm running the KU pouches inside my panel. The larges have been sold out for 2-3 weeks, so I got a few mediums.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've had several people ask about using the Cargo Panel for extended backpack hunts. Here's a few photos of how I've set up mine.

Cargo Panel
Camp bag
Guide Lid with small belt pouch attached
Large Side Pocket attached to the outside of Cargo Panel
2 Large Belt Pouches attached at the inside of Cargo Panel

You could do 7 days with this set up pretty easy.

I've had several people ask about using the Cargo Panel for extended backpack hunts. Here's a few photos of how I've set up mine.

Cargo Panel
Camp bag
Guide Lid with small belt pouch attached
Large Side Pocket attached to the outside of Cargo Panel
2 Large Belt Pouches attached at the inside of Cargo Panel

You could do 7 days with this set up pretty easy.

Aron,

If you were using the setup in those pictures, shot a deer and wanted to one trip camp and all the meat, where would you put the meat?

The cargo panel straps look pretty long so it seems like maybe it would fit next to the camp bag?

Thanks

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would put it inside the camp bag, but you could compress it between the frame and camp bag as well.

There's a lot of room for expansion with the lid and panel, so you could do it several different ways.