New Cargo Panel from Kifaru.

Manosteel

WKR
[video=youtube;c6DMDSUKFRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6DMDSUKFRg[/video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6DMDSUKFRg

Great video, I wasn't really seeing the purpose of this thing until I saw your video. Now I want one for my day hunts for moose, the possibilities with 4 large pockets is awesome! I never use a spotter when hunting moose and really only need my day hunt stuff which for me includes food/jetboil, Golite poncho, quilt/pad/bivy (in case I stay the night) kill kit and possibles pouch(first aid/emergency stuff) misc pouch and kifaur bladder bag and weapon + binos/rangefinder on chest and I'm off - all under 25 lbs if my math is right.

trdhunter

WKR
Im just planing this out in my head before I order. Aron, Would one of the new large side pockets fit on both sides of the CP? Thinking a large side pocket on outside for spotter, few pockets on inside, and compress my jacket and tripod with cp, would be perfect for shed hunts/day scout trips. May need to figure something out for the camera though.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You can only get one of the side pockets on the CP, but I see what you're trying to do.....

I'm doing the same type of thing with mine and strap the tripod horizontally across the bottom of the CP or vertically between the CP and frame.
Im just planing this out in my head before I order. Aron, Would one of the new large side pockets fit on both sides of the CP? Thinking a large side pocket on outside for spotter, few pockets on inside, and compress my jacket and tripod with cp, would be perfect for shed hunts/day scout trips. May need to figure something out for the camera though.

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
This looks like a great daypack idea but it gets darn expensive adding pockets. I guess the benefit is you can spread it out over time. Does anybody know of any compatible pockets that are made out of fleece or other quiet fabrics? My hunting buddy complains about my cordura stuff being too loud. And no I can not move through the forest without crashing into things and scraping on trees etc.
Thanks

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard that a lot, my hunting partner is extra sensitive to "non" natural noises, which is good for me. He ignores the "natural" buffalo crashing through brush noises, (I guess it sets the seen for an angry bull elk) but he is very sensitive to loud (relative I know) fabric noises. He comments on pants that are too loud etc. etc. I was just thinking if there were such a thing as felt pockets it would be a great combination of strength, durability and weight in the pack and quietness with ok durability in the pockets. I'm not going to stop wearing my pack, just curious if such a thing exists.

Thanks

tttoadman

WKR
My brother straps his badlands day pack on a cabelas frame. You can pick up these small daypacks cheap. If a guy wants to get weird, you could cut the straps and extras off and you have a big pocket that is pretty good for organization, pretty light and decent on cost.

FNG
How does the large side pocket fill the back panel? I thought a guide lid with the cargo panel and a large side pocket would look after 90% of my hunting( hiking out from a set camp), maybe a xl side pocket could be made to fill it and give a little more ci?. I carry minimal stuff during the day but I have to quarter and debone anything I get to haul it out.