New Backfire 1 MOA Challenge

"He seems to be the type of guy that got into hunting because he likes shooting rather than vice versa and clearly isn't much of a "DIY public land/backcountry" type."

That would describe me. Retired to Florida, enjoy shooting, have some extra cash so have way too many rifles, started hunting at age 62. I have no business being on these forums but I do enjoy reading about everyones exploits and I am impressed by the dedication and skill.

As of late i've appreciated some of his efforts to call out the dishonesty in "MOA guarantees" and point out how overconfident most hunters are in their actually abilities. With the surge of LR hunting we need all the help we can get showing people reality vs the braggards only showing the good outcomes and companies selling BS LR shooting competency in their gadgets.
While I'm not subscribed to him he occasionally pops up in my recommended videos on Youtube. I never really felt that (negatively) strongly about his videos but from the looks of things I agree his content is trending in the right direction.

"He seems to be the type of guy that got into hunting because he likes shooting rather than vice versa and clearly isn't much of a "DIY public land/backcountry" type."

That would describe me. Retired to Florida, enjoy shooting, have some extra cash so have way too many rifles, started hunting at age 62. I have no business being on these forums but I do enjoy reading about everyones exploits and I am impressed by the dedication and skill.

Nothing wrong with that and good for you! I hope I didn't come across as being demeaning to that demographic - my intention was more to point that out as some color for why I believe Jim has had some pretty lousy takes as it relates to hunting policy and hunting bullets in the past.

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
Jim, the backfire guy has a rifle scope inspection devise, I think he talk about it in his zero being way off video. But it would be cool
To see him do some measured drop testing with a drop tower and the Inspection devise I think it’s called a columnator.

It would be a cool way to have measured data to confirm the rifle scope field evals

JiminAZ

FNG
Can't recall which video it was but he used a collimator with a Leupold I believe. Banged it on pillows and on the rug floor. I'll see if I can find it. The scope held and he was whacking it pretty hard.

ChrisAU

WKR
The guy seems a little energetic for me but I’m starting to come around on him. Watched this last night, kinda wild for a YouTube guy to be showing that everyone shouldn’t be shooting long range and even had all these “shooters” agree to a 250 yard max effective range at the end unless conditions were perfect.