Zeroing in hot weather

I need to zero a rifle. Any tips or tricks for zeroing in hot weather? If I input zero weather in my app, will it compensate for colder weather in the future? I am guessing the issue is powder temps? Can I keep the ammo in a cooler with ice?

Sorry, lots of question…i usually try and zero in sub 70 degree temps, this likely won’t be an option with where I live for a few months, even if I shoot early morning.

SDHNTR

WKR
Zero is zero. Temp won’t have any meaningful effect on a target at 100 yards to set your zero. At long range of course it will effect trajectory, but that’s what your ballistics calculator is for.

Pressure is an issue to consider however. At least keep ammo in shade and out of direct sun. Go to range early in the morning. And yes, if you feel it’s necessary you can put ammo in cooler.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Unless you are shooting long distance, or competition shooting, temp will have little or no effect. and as far as elevation goes, I zero at about 1500' and do most of my hating at 5500'+. Never had an issue. Most of my shots are 500' and under.

AZ_Hunter

FNG
Classified Approved
Zero is zero. Temp won’t have any meaningful effect on a target at 100 yards to set your zero. At long range of course it will effect trajectory, but that’s what your ballistics calculator is for.

Pressure is an issue to consider however. At least keep ammo in shade and out of direct sun. Go to range early in the morning. And yes, if you feel it’s necessary you can put ammo in cooler.
This.

I live where it’s 114 degrees this week… I still shoot. I will put rounds in a cooler and I’m shooting by 6am.