New Backfire 1 MOA Challenge

The results may humble some of y’all (or not)
Not sure why we'd be humbled based on how badly other people shoot. My favorite is the guy with the 15" bipod, no rear rest, and no idea what to do with his support hand.

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think this is going to humble anyone. We all know how well we can shoot. I have some rifles I would bet my life on this challenge and some I would not even try it because I know it wouldn’t do it.

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Can the guy hat runs this youtube channel even shoot 1 MOA? Isn't his claim to fame just being able to make clickbait videos and shooting cow elk on private land?
As much as he can be annoying he doesn’t claim to be anyone special. He says it himself that he wasn’t that knowledgeable when he started the channel and is not an expert but tries to give his honest perspective as a regular dude. I’d rather see people be like that than pretend they are an expert when they are not.

seand

Lil-Rokslider
It’s entertaining I guess, the folks he gets on camera obviously don’t shoot, about like most of the guys I know that hunt.

If you are a shooter, check zero periodically or before a match once a month, you aren’t going to be humbled - you know what to expect.

I do like the focus on hitting the dot, hunters always focus on group, it’s pretty funny folks often don’t even have a zeroed rifle.

SloppyJ

WKR
Can the guy hat runs this youtube channel even shoot 1 MOA? Isn't his claim to fame just being able to make clickbait videos and shooting cow elk on private land?
Didn't he gut shot the shit out of one with a 6.5prc a while back and then post it online. 600yds or so I believe.

Doing ab work and neck strains while shooting prone
Guy looked like he was trying to mimic the posture of a sea lion.

images

I quit watching his videos a while back, felt like I was being sold something and the bs meter started pegging. Guy could be legit, but it was like vanilla extract, a little goes along way. Just my opinion of course and it is worth nothing lol

doepatrol

FNG
I quit watching his videos a while back, felt like I was being sold something and the bs meter started pegging. Guy could be legit, but it was like vanilla extract, a little goes along way. Just my opinion of course and it is worth nothing lol
100% he's just good at marketing and producing clickbait videos that the general audience thinks are entertaining. The "influencer" BS is far and wide in the hunting industry and most of the time they aren't capable themselves. No idea why people watch that channel and think it's anything more than that.

Liftman101

Lil-Rokslider
The $1000 challenge was no easy task. Not just a 1 MOA group but all 5 rounds inside the 1.047" circle you are shooting at. His son finally did it by borrowing a very well-prepped rifle from a guy who just barely failed.

Macintosh

WKR
Results certainly match what I see at the range. Go to a match and its different, but even there I see most people tweaking their zero. Im not even a little surprised by the results. Id bet 95+% of the people on this site also could not show up to a range cold and put their first 5 shots all inside a 1” dot with a hunting rifle. Shooting a factory rifle with factory ammo I most definitely would not bet much on myself doing it either. Id be zeroed, and theres decent odds Id be under an inch group size, but I expect a % of my shots to land a bit outside that inch.

Unclecroc

FNG
I think all he’s trying to show is how loosely the term moa is thrown around for marketing purposes. All you see now is moa guarantees on new rifles.
It also should make the guys who throw around “I can hold 1 moa to 1000 every day if the week” or “that gun is super accurate it’s a half moa gun”. Most guys like this don’t really seem to know what an moa truly is or are hung up on valuing their equipment or skills only by how moa capable it is.

It has become very redundant and a marketing scheme in my mind.