New Argali Yukon 8P 2-Pole Tent

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We just launched our largest shelter, the Yukon 8P tent. It makes for a great base camp, but packs down small enough for backpack trips for group. The two pole design makes it feel a lot bigger than a traditional tipi style tent with a lot more usable space and walking-around room. We call it an 8P, but you can fit 10 sleeping pads/bags in it if you just had sleeping gear. A few specs below.

We're running a 72 hour presale on the Yukon starting June 18th at 9 a.m. MST for those interested.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Link to Yukon 8P Tent
  • 30D Nano-Ripstop Silply Fabric won't sag when wet
  • 32 total guyout points make it resilient to any weather
  • Steep walls allow superior snow-shedding
  • Dual entrance doors
  • Shelter weight = 4lbs 8 ounces; Total weight (tent, 2 poles and 22 stakes) = 7 lbs 1.6 ounces.
0T8A5328.jpg
GOPR0048.jpg
3F5A3460.jpg

Attachments

• 0T8A5200.jpg
    0T8A5200.jpg
    557 KB · Views: 48

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
This is a really cool take on a larger shelter. Did you consider being able to fully separate the two sides since the doors go up so high? I think it'd be a huge attraction to be able to split the tent weight amongst two people.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This is a really cool take on a larger shelter. Did you consider being able to fully separate the two sides since the doors go up so high? I think it'd be a huge attraction to be able to split the tent weight amongst two people.
I did not seriously consider a zip in half option. There is a lot of tension on the top of the tent, and I think with that tension and snow/ice when out in the field would likely cause it to fail rather quickly. It could make the thing more packable, but I think it would create a new set of problems with functinality that I didn't think was worth it.

ben@bpetersondds

Lil-Rokslider
Really interested in this. Thanks for bringing it to the market. Can a vestibule be added to one of the doors with a tarp? I think I can see loops at the two peaks. How far apart are the peaks? Thanks!

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Really interested in this. Thanks for bringing it to the market. Can a vestibule be added to one of the doors with a tarp? I think I can see loops at the two peaks. How far apart are the peaks? Thanks!
We didn't make it specifically to add a vesibule, but I'm sure you can easily rig one up if you wanted to. 5 ft in between the poles/peaks.

With these being made overseas; is there no way to pass some of that savings off to the consumer? I’m basing my assumptions on USA made products priced right in line with these items.

sndmn11

WKR
With these being made overseas; is there no way to pass some of that savings off to the consumer? I’m basing my assumptions on USA made products priced right in line with these items.

I went through the product copy real quick and didn't see a country of origin written. @Brad@Argali are these Chinese manufactured, what countries are they made in?

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Nice. Any testing in high wind? How would you expect it to hold up to wind and rain/snow compared to an eight man tipi?
Yes, and it feels like a fortress when you have all of the guyout points tied off since there are 32 total guyouts. It handles wind, and in particular snow a lot better than any traditional tipi I've use because of the steep side-walls. Bigger tipis I've used almost always bow out near the bottom of the tent, and when you get snow, it tends to collect on the low angle bottom end of the tent, eating up your usable space. Last thing, because it is a sil-poly fabric, it doesnt sag when wet, which makes a huge difference in snowy weather for the tent keeping its shape.

Its also just hard to pitch a large, round tipi well. This modified rectangular design on the Yukon is easy to setup and easier to get the tensiom correct on the panels.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I went through the product copy real quick and didn't see a country of origin written. @Brad@Argali are these Chinese manufactured, what countries are they made in?
These tents are made overseas.
Fellas-Happy to address this head on and as honestly as I can. I'm going to give you a long answer. Our tents are a product of Korea, sewn in Hong Kong.

My focus is on making quality products over all else. We use the fabric we do and the manufacturer we do because I think they are the best, literally, in the world at what they do, and I would put our quality of our materials and sewing against anyone's. And when you use the best companies overseas, it is not "cheap" just because it is made overseas. You can make tents cheap overseas by using cheap fabric and cheap manufacturers. We don't. The best waterproof fabrics in the world come from South Korea, which is where we source our fabric from. And we pay a premium for a very high quality fabric. There is no cost savings for us by buying our fabric in S. Korea because we use one of the best fabric mills around. Might not believe me, but it's the truth. Second, there is a marginal cost savings on labor to have our tents sewn in overseas. But, they are quite literally the best in the world at sewing tents and they pay their employees well. These are not sweat-shops.

So, when it comes to pricing, we do everything we can to price it as affordably as we can. The cost of any product is not just a function of where it is made, although it certainly impacts it. Our Yukon tent comes with a half floor, tent and two poles for the listed price. That's as honest and direct as I can be with you on the topic. Let me know if you have more questions.

sndmn11

WKR
The best waterproof fabrics in the world come from South Korea, which is where we source our fabric from. And we pay a premium for a very high quality fabric. There is no cost savings for us by buying our fabric in S. Korea because we use one of the best fabric mills around. Might not believe me, but it's the truth.

I believe you on this point; there's few USA textiles that are the best in their niche.

Last edited: