New: Argali Owyhee 1P Tent

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Our new 1 person tent, The Owyhee 1P, is out today. It's a single trekking pole pitch tent made out of our same no-stretch ripstop silpoly fabric. There is an optional insert as well that when used covers roughly 2/3rds of the tent, leaving the remaining 1/3rd for a vestiblue. The tent and stuff sack weighs 12.6 ounces, and with stakes it weighs 15 ounces total if you run it floorless. With the insert, tent, stakes and everything, it clocks in at 31.4 ounces. Even for being that light and compact, it's still generously sized for a 1P tent, compresses down very small (think large grapefruit) and has enough room for you and your gear.

We're running a 72 hour pre-sale on April 20th at 9 a.m. MST. Pre-sales will ship in late June or first part of July. We're also giving away a set of trekking poles to 3 random winners from the pre-sale crowd as well. Overview video, product pages and specs on the product page linked below. Shoot me any questions you have.

Owyhee 1P Tent Link

ARG_Owyhee_Web-12.jpg
Owyhee_1200x1200-10.jpg

Attachments

• ARG_Owyhee_Web.jpg
    ARG_Owyhee_Web.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 106
Really great looking design and name! I’ve fished the Owyhee on the Oregon side of the border many times! Loving my Argali Absaroka. You guys are doing some really cool things!

Attachments

• FCCE81D3-36B0-46EF-B1B0-586753CFA5C3.jpeg
    FCCE81D3-36B0-46EF-B1B0-586753CFA5C3.jpeg
    608.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 848F6DC5-CAD0-4631-9E52-FC7F7DD1CA2E.jpeg
    848F6DC5-CAD0-4631-9E52-FC7F7DD1CA2E.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 89
  • EDEDFE85-B9EA-4CF1-9269-D6A91946D19A.jpeg
    EDEDFE85-B9EA-4CF1-9269-D6A91946D19A.jpeg
    613.2 KB · Views: 90
OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Really great looking design and name! I’ve fished the Owyhee on the Oregon side of the border many times! Loving my Argali Absaroka. You guys are doing some really cool things!
Appreciate that. And the Owyhee on the OR side is incredible.

NrthFrk16

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Absaroka and a Durtson X Mid 1. Love the former, seems like the Owyhee potentially has more room and a bigger vestibule for minimal extra weight?

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have the Absaroka and a Durtson X Mid 1. Love the former, seems like the Owyhee potentially has more room and a bigger vestibule for minimal extra weight?
I haven't compared our weight to others, but the total footprint is 39 square feet, which is large for a 1P tent especially. I wanted to size this tent to be minimalist, but also spacious enough to wait out a storm and with enough room for all your hunting gear, which is always more than what you need when you're just backpacking. And at sub-2 lbs for everything (tent, inner, stakes, stuff sacks, etc), it's a very light setup.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Can this smaller vestibule be ran in the other two tents?
I've had this question a lot today! The short answer is it definitely will not work in the Absaroka, and I haven't tried to make it work in the Rincon, but it isn't sized correctly for the Rincon meaning it won't pitch well if you tried. You could potentially duck tape it together to make it work, but I wouldn't recommend it. We are coming out with a half insert for the Rincon and Absaroka soon, so I'd just wait for that if that's what you're looking for.

Iltasyuko

FNG
I've had this question a lot today! The short answer is it definitely will not work in the Absaroka, and I haven't tried to make it work in the Rincon, but it isn't sized correctly for the Rincon meaning it won't pitch well if you tried. You could potentially duck tape it together to make it work, but I wouldn't recommend it. We are coming out with a half insert for the Rincon and Absaroka soon, so I'd just wait for that if that's what you're looking for.
Do you have a date when the 2P/4P half insert will be available ?

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, get on it!! 😁
That 2p insert in the Rincon will be the cats meow........ best of both worlds. Really looking forward to that.

Randy

Hnthrdr

WKR
Since I’m done with seek shelters I’m excited to take a look at your stuff! Looks to be just right for early season stuff in Co! Great work

Brad does the insert easily stay attached to set up and take down daily? I seen that it is easily removed and installed but I’m curious as to if they stay attached well for repeated setup more like a floored shelter or if it’s more like a floorless style tent with an insert?

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Brad does the insert easily stay attached to set up and take down daily? I seen that it is easily removed and installed but I’m curious as to if they stay attached well for repeated setup more like a floored shelter or if it’s more like a floorless style tent with an insert?
You can absolutely keep them connected for repeated setup when you're out using it; i.e. moving campneach day. We used separate stuff sacks for each piece for versatility depending on whether you want to use the tent as a floorless setup or with the insert.

Can someone show a picture of the back side of this tent? I'm interested in the angle and tie off points.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk