New Argali Lightweight Tent Line **Review Added 7/10/22**

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We've been working on a tent line for several years to build a line of shelters that had all of the features we wanted in a mountain hunting tent. I'm excited to finally launch this lineup. We're going to be selling a 2P and a 4P this year, with more sizes to come in future years. If you want all of the specs/details, check out the links below. We are going to be running a limited run pre-sale on February 15th at 10 a.m. MST if you are intersted in getting your hands on one. Shoot me any questions you have in the comments below.

**7/10/22** Absaroka Review, By Jaden Bales

We designed both our Absaroka 4p and Rincon 2P to be a balance between weight, space and size. Both tents feature our new and innovative ARC Removable stove jack system, which allows you to run the tent in lightweight mode when you know you aren't going to use a stove, or in hot tent mode when you want a stove by zipping in our zipping out the stove jack. This also will save some weight and bulk in your pack.

We also use a 20D sil poly fabric, which won't sag when wet, avoiding the dreaded "tent sag" that can happen with some fabrics and maintaining usable space inside the tent. A few other features:
  • Lightweight-1.87 lbs for Absaroka 4P, 19 oz for Rincon 2P
  • Adjustable Pitch-Sewn in line-loc adjusters on all guy-out points allow you to pitch close to the ground or elevated for better air flow.
  • Reflective materials sewn in throughout the tent for night visibility
  • Single Pole Pitch-Use a dediated center pole or trekking poles to pitch
  • Modular Design-Run in floorless mode or with an Insert for traditional double wall coverage
Link to Absaroka 4P Product Page
Link to Rincon 2P Product Page

ARG_Absaroka_1200x1200-2.jpgARG_Rincon_1200x1200-1.jpg
ARG_StoveJack_1200x1200-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Man I just checked these out on the website looks like a ton of features for a reasonable price tag. Think I might have to try Rincon if I draw my coveted G tag this year.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Appreciate that...we tried hard to price it reasonably.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Moserkr

WKR
Nice work!! Fair price too. Checks pretty much all the boxes. Curious what the shell weight is in floorless mode vs with the insert? Maybe I missed it on the website.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Great to see SilPoly. Where is it built? Vietnam?
Lot of questions about where they are made...Fabric is from Taiwan, sewn in China. But before anyone equates sewn in China as lower quality, our factory only sews tents, does it for the top brands in the industry, and is anything but cheap. The quality of their products is as good as it gets, and I'd put the quality of our fabrics and sewing up against any tent, anywhere. We wouldn't put out a product if it wasn't up to our incredibly high standards of quality, and these tents are no exception.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Nice work!! Fair price too. Checks pretty much all the boxes. Curious what the shell weight is in floorless mode vs with the insert? Maybe I missed it on the website.
It is on the sight but it's all good...for the 4 person you're looking at 1.875 lbs for the tent/rain fly, and for the 2 person it's 1.2 lbs...that's with the stove jack for both tents.

Moserkr

WKR
It is on the sight but it's all good...for the 4 person you're looking at 1.875 lbs for the tent/rain fly, and for the 2 person it's 1.2 lbs...that's with the stove jack for both tents.
Got it, thanks for the reply and clarification. What do just the rain fly’s weigh then, no inner tent? Again, sorry if I missed it on the site but didnt see it. The larger 4p with tent/fly weighs less than my smaller solo SO tipi so just curious since these are very lightweight apparently. A lot of us use bivys with just the fly so thats why Im asking.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Got it, thanks for the reply and clarification. What do just the rain fly’s weigh then, no inner tent? Again, sorry if I missed it on the site but didnt see it. The larger 4p with tent/fly weighs less than my smaller solo SO tipi so just curious since these are very lightweight apparently. A lot of us use bivys with just the fly so thats why Im asking.
The weights he quoted you are for the shell, these are single wall shelters unless you buy the separate inner tent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Moserkr

WKR
The weights he quoted you are for the shell, these are single wall shelters unless you buy the separate inner tent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Brad@Argali said:
It is on the sight but it's all good...for the 4 person you're looking at 1.875 lbs for the tent/rain fly, and for the 2 person it's 1.2 lbs...that's with the stove jack for both tents

Pretty sure that literally says tent/rainfly, implying inner tent AND rain fly (tipi part). Its why I asked. Would like confirmation cause for both because that weight is very appealing. At that height I could cheat the CF pole too, with a trekking pole extension that only adds one ounce. Doubles my solo tipi size for the same weight or is half the weight of my larger 6 man tipi.