Moving to Colorado

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking about moving to Colorado, but trying to decide where would be a good place to set up shop. I am a lawyer and can pretty much work near any town/city. Don't want to live in Denver but not in a tourist town either. Love the West and all that it offers. What do you all think would be a good community/area to put down some roots.

Vandy321

WKR
Boseman😂

All kidding aside, Castle Rock is nice and far enough away from Denver. Woodland Park area is pretty cool too. If you're wanting to stay near "civilization".

If you look at C-Springs....up north by the Academy is pretty nice. Personally, I'm not a fan of the south part of the springs, pretty overly crowded there as well.

OP
Firehole Hunter

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider

I am assuming that you meant Bozeman. Had a place in Big Sky for a few years, but quite frankly not a big fan of the grizzly and would have to switch professions in that Mt. is not very easy place for me to practice law. Their state bar is not very friendly for lawyers that did not go to their law schools. But Yellowstone and West Yellowstone is one of my favorite places.

OP
Firehole Hunter

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Colorado Springs, or Wyoming.
Denver is way overcrowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same is true with Wyoming that is with Montana. They don't recongize my law degree from Georgia nor the fact that I have been practicing law for over 32 years. Colorado does.

elkduds

WKR
Grand Junction area is much less populated than any Front Range city, w nice climate, fast access to hunting/fishing/hiking/biking/rivers. Real estate costs much less there than in Den/FtC/COS area. Grand Mesa, CO Nat'l Monument, Powderhorn ski area, Colorado and Gunnison rivers, Glade Park unit 40, unit 61. All that is within 30 miles of City Hall.

OP
Firehole Hunter

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thought about Grand Junction, but a little too desert looking for me I think. I have only been through there twice, once recently though. I have been hunting a lot near Rifle. Thought about getting something out there for a vacation home then make the move later after getting to know thngs better, Haven't lived out there since the early 80's while in college when I spent the summer in Dillon working on building homes on Keystone Ranch.

Eagle

WKR
I'm in Castle Rock, which is a nice place, but after living here for 1.5 years, I do wish we could head somewhere further in, which we may do when I can work from home full time this coming spring (Patent Examiner). Bailey, Woodland Park, Pagosa Springs type of area. Winter Park area is nice as well, but with the skiing and Lakes might be too touristy for you? It's no Breck/Freson/Vail/Telluride etc.

elkduds

WKR
Montrose is less "deserty" than GJ. Also Paonia, Bayfield, Cortez, Newcastle, No hiding my bias for the Best Slope, even though I live in COS now.

I moved back to Colorado about four years ago to retire and live down in the southwest corner. I love where I live and the only other place I would live is in Alaska. The town is pretty small and the school district has been good for my kids. Theres always plenty to do and see and having several hundred thousand acres of national forest within ten minutes isn't too shabby either.

On the flip side, we are between two tourist towns so theres always folks around. The elk numbers has declined and the hunters increased. However, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Colorado. My in-laws live in south Denver and I don't go there unless my wife makes me, its a zoo.

brsnow

WKR
Castle Rock has had growth that they were not ready for, i much prefer driving in Denver to Castle Rock. There are many great places to live in CO.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Grand Junction area is much less populated than any Front Range city, w nice climate, fast access to hunting/fishing/hiking/biking/rivers. Real estate costs much less there than in Den/FtC/COS area.

Less than Denver maybe. But I looked at GJ real estate within the last 2 years and it was quite expensive.......more than the Springs.

It doesn't matter where you go in Colorado anymore........it's all overcrowded. Even if you find a small town, the roads to get there or out of there will be crowded all summer long with tourists and who knows what else. The crowds and traffic just seem to never end.

kiddogy

WKR
colo springs is now dope central, being a lawyer you will probably find a lot of easy money there .

how about glennwood springs?? it's a bit touristy but decent hunting around the area.