Moving to Idaho

IDVortex

WKR
Welp, who knows. I may end up seeing about just doing whitetails now, and just burn up my ot in August or see if I can get a B tag still. 🤔

Lived in Boise for twenty years. It really is fairly centrally located concerning outdoor sports. Lakes are just to the NW and SE. Boise river runs through middle of town. Elk, deer, bear, lion hunting just north, northeast, and south. Yellowstone is only six hours away. Unless you are looking for rural solitude, Boise is hard to beat.

NO Where else in the region has the facilities for healthcare, education, etc. Some of the small town atmosphere is still there.

Gobbler36

WKR
Lived in Boise for twenty years. It really is fairly centrally located concerning outdoor sports. Lakes are just to the NW and SE. Boise river runs through middle of town. Elk, deer, bear, lion hunting just north, northeast, and south. Yellowstone is only six hours away. Unless you are looking for rural solitude, Boise is hard to beat.

NO Where else in the region has the facilities for healthcare, education, etc. Some of the small town atmosphere is still there.
Boise has turned into a shit show took me almost an hour to get on the interstate yesterday morning

Weldor

WKR
I reget no moving to Boise in 92, wife had a job lined up with HP. I was looking around for about a month ,visiting relatives at Mountain home etc. Nice place at the time.

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider

Lived here since 1974 and I agree with you. Also, lots of small towns west of Boise to retire in and still be close enough for the urban amenities of Boise. Payette, Fruitland, New Plymouth near the Oregon border. Parma , Homedale, and Greenleaf are nice little farming towns. A surprising number of people even commute from Emmett, Horseshoe Bend and Garden Valley to the north, and Robie Creek on the way to Idaho City to the east.

Ralphie

WKR
Lived here since 1974 and I agree with you. Also, lots of small towns west of Boise to retire in and still be close enough for the urban amenities of Boise. Payette, Fruitland, New Plymouth near the Oregon border. Parma , Homedale, and Greenleaf are nice little farming towns. A surprising number of people even commute from Emmett, Horseshoe Bend and Garden Valley to the north, and Robie Creek on the way to Idaho City to the east.
I completely agree as well. The hunting, fishing, hiking, job opportunities, schools, health care are second to none. It is a fantastic area. Great restaurants too.

CJ19

WKR
Grats on your move. NRs are told if they dont like the NR tag system to move to the state they want to hunt. Sounds like your living the dream. Happy hunting.

it all comes down to standard of living, Lewiston is a good place grate schools incase you get to settle down in time.. but i personally will recommend Boise ID.. much more interesting when it comes to single guy routine.

The growth is quite stifling. The woods are packed, traffic sucks and the friendly nature of folks that once existed is quickly disappearing. Unfortunately, it's not going to stop.

The growth is quite stifling. The woods are packed, traffic sucks and the friendly nature of folks that once existed is quickly disappearing. Unfortunately, it's not going to stop.
In northern Nevada we proudly display "**** off were full" bumper stickers. Has not stopped the Kalifornistan wave.

In northern Nevada we proudly display "**** off were full" bumper stickers. Has not stopped the Kalifornistan wave.
There are a few of those decals up here too! The growth is inevitable, it doesn't mean we have to like it though.
The amount of campers set up last weekend was incredible. They'll leave their camps set up for the entirety of archery season and usually until the end of deer season in October.