Moving to Colorado

JWP58

WKR
colo springs is now dope central, being a lawyer you will probably find a lot of easy money there .

how about glennwood springs?? it's a bit touristy but decent hunting around the area.

Anywhere along the front range is dope central. Meth and heroin everywhere....dont forget your free needles and narcan.

brsnow

WKR
Anywhere along the front range is dope central. Meth and heroin everywhere....dont forget your free needles and narcan.

The drug problem in mountain towns and rural America is far worse than the front range. When my wife was doing her residency in Grand Junction , the whole region ran out of opioids in their pharmacies at one point.

work765

WKR
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Golden?
Is that one of the cities that can access Denver for work, but still feel far enough away from it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWP58

WKR
People trusted their doctors.

People shooting meth has nothing to do with doctors. 95% of the people I find with meth, also have heroin on them. They are junkies chasing a high....up and down.

And if (huge if) they got hooked on script drugs and turned to heroin, they should seek help, which there is a ton of now. But it seems free needles and an endless supply of narcan is easier.

Colorado will be what California has become, in less than 10yrs.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Golden?
Is that one of the cities that can access Denver for work, but still feel far enough away from it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golden is nice if you can afford it. I am not one that can afford it.

kiddogy

WKR
People shooting meth has nothing to do with doctors. 95% of the people I find with meth, also have heroin on them. They are junkies chasing a high....up and down.

most drug addicts problems have nothing to do with doctors.

sure some few do but the vast majority is simply due to poor life choices.

blaming it on doctors is nothing but a copout and an excuse to avoid taking responsibility for stupid choices.

I do believe a lot of blame can be laid to the parent though, for allowing the public schools to raise their children. a child with an uninvolved parent or a "buddy" for a parent is a doomed child.

in the end though,it is the stupid choices of the addict that must shoulder the blame or they will NEVER recover.

brsnow

WKR
Golden is nice, longer commute to the city.

Opioids seem to have similar effect on white folks as booze did on native Americans.

Fort Collins is a pretty nice place to live.

It looks like some of the bums have started to migrate out for the season. They ought to be showing up in the springs any day now!

If I was moving to CO it would have to be the San Luis Valley...wide open spaces, not too many people, access to multiple ranges/rivers, kinda laid back...I like it...

OP
Firehole Hunter

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
colo springs is now dope central, being a lawyer you will probably find a lot of easy money there .

how about glennwood springs?? it's a bit touristy but decent hunting around the area.

Yeah, the Wife really likes the town & I like the location.

ericF

WKR
Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor is a great place to live. Unless you search it out, I've never seen any issue with drugs up here. You're an hour away from Denver and yes I-25 sucks, but you're also at the top of Colorado and 20 minutes from Wyoming. There is great hunting all within an hour of here and the Latimer county sherrif Justin Smith is great if you aren't living in Fort Collins.

ColoradoV

WKR
Aspen, Buena Vista, Crested Butte, or Silverton... Maybe Marble or possibly Telluride. Durango or Glenwood if you need a “big city”. Anywhere near the front range is range is a sht show. If I could not live in one the above towns I would look hard at Wyo and not move/live in Co...

I am also considering moving back to Colorado and thought heavily on Grand Junction. Driving through the state a couple weeks ago for my elk hunt, I'd suggest Glenwood Springs.