Mountain rifle scope suggestions

gberb18

FNG
I have a tikka t3x lite in .270 that has a vortex diamondback scope. Looking to upgrade the scope to something high quality, as I plan on buying/building a quality mountain rifle after a few years and switching this scope over to that rifle when the time comes. I don't know that much about quality rifle scopes nor long range shooting but am interested in learning. What are some suggestions for a quality lighter weight mountain rifle scope?
Thanks for any input.

Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42
Yep. Just replaced my Mark 5HD with one this evening. Dropped the weight of the rifle 5oz and you can definitely tell. Handles better without the heavier weight up top.

Attachments

• IMG_1054.jpeg
    IMG_1054.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 168

TN2shot07

WKR
I like the Swaro z5 3.5-18, awesome glass and the ballistic turret is easy to use if you want to play with dialing

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
Read the scope evaluation thread in the long range section. Maven 1.2. Or the NF SHV 2x10

Read the scope evaluation thread in the long range section. Maven 1.2. Or the NF SHV 2x10
Only hesitation on the Maven is that there isnt a long history of durability yet. Would be good to get longer sample timeframes.

Only hesitation on the Maven is that there isnt a long history of durability yet. Would be good to get longer sample timeframes.
The Razor LHT had a solid season of hunting by multiple forum members with nary an issue and was even highly recommended by many on this site. But then the LHT failed the RS drop test and it is now a scope to be shunned and ridiculed.

Real world results are no longer necessarily relevant and drop test results, as valuable as they truly are, have become gospel. I do hope more scope manufacturers match the reliability of their scopes with the boxes that they come in (which are designed to handle drops to protect the scope).

Burris Fullfield 2 with a ballistic plex reticle is a solid scope. Mine survived "Mike's drop test" this year in the mountains . My rifle fell off my pack twice, once directly on my scope. Solid rock and a hard gravel road. I checked zero at 100 yards and had shifted only 1/2'' left.

Kyle C

Lil-Rokslider
Nightforce NXS or NX8. Pick your magnification off whatever your comfortable with or desire on what you want from that rifle.

What is the warranty like for NF and Trijicon?
The scopes are tough and tested. You won’t need a warranty. If something is functionally wrong they will actually stand behind the product. The only reason you need a warranty on other scopes is because they aren’t tested to the same standards.

The scopes are tough and tested. You won’t need a warranty. If something is functionally wrong they will actually stand behind the product. The only reason you need a warranty on other scopes is because they aren’t tested to the same standards.

As someone who has had an ATACR break and then had to deal with their shitty customer service, I’m going to have to disagree about not needing NF’s warranty and them standing behind their product.

I’ve posted here about it several times, it’s a long story. You can google search and pull it up I’m sure.