Best 4-16 rifle scope for 1k or less

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Im in the market for a new scope to go on a predator hunting/ longish range target shooting rifle and was wondering what some options would be for a 4-16 or 3-15 under or around 1k.

My needs for the scope are:

Exposed elevation and windage turret’s (unless the scope has the ability to hold windage in the reticle)

A good MOA based reticle

I’d prefer SFP because it’s mainly going to be used for hunting but I would’t mind a FFP if it has illumination

Im not really concerned about weight but the lighter the better

I don’t want a scope that is made in China

The only scope I’ve been able to find that meets these specs is the Vortex Viper hst 4-16x44, this is probably a lot to ask for under or around 1k but any suggestions would be awesome.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved

Or a Zeiss v4 4-16 maybe? They offer a lot of reticles

kickemall

WKR
Zeiss V4 has everything you want and you can find them well under 1k. I think Doug at cameraland has some specials on them under $800. If you trust their durability. Otherwise the Maven rs1.2 but its $1200 and ffp or a Trijicon 10 mile both of which passed the drop test.

OP
Castmaster

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Ok i‘d say it’s between the Zeiss V4 or the Trijicon Credo, I’m not that insanely concerned about durability since it going on a Tikka T3x 223 for yote’s. Also if i go with the Credo is it worth getting the 56mm over the 42mm for an extra 4 oz? Personally I’d say it’s not really and it’s probably easier to re-sell the 42mm but I’d like some opinion’s on it.

OP
Castmaster

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
42mm would get my vote. If you don't need the bit more light transmission I would save the weight and bulk.
I mean extra light is always great but considering it’s bigger heavier and they both have illuminated reticles I don’t think it’s super necessary. I wish they didn’t jump all the way up to 56mm and maybe did a 50mm instead.

OP
Castmaster

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Its just barely over your budget
I’m not insanely worried about a going over the budget a little… I just don’t want people recommending scopes that are 3k when its just going on a 223 lol.

OP
Castmaster

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
If I go with the credo I would actually get the 4-16 because they don’t offer the 2.5-15 in MOA which I also just realized.