Mid Asian Ibex with Asian Mountain Outfitters

TXCO

WKR
WSF kicked them out today. Just got the email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Nice to see them take action. All to often shit like this gets buffed over

If anyone wants info for the local outfitters so they can book directly through them, just let me know. I have no doubt that Saku and Bektur will take great care of you from beginning to end.
I read your post and it prompted me to create an account with Rockslide but I can't PM for 7 days etc etc. I am looking for a good Ibex outfitter, can you PM the information for Saku and Bektur, unless you have a better suggestion. Much appreciated

I read your post and it prompted me to create an account with Rockslide but I can't PM for 7 days etc etc. I am looking for a good Ibex outfitter, can you PM the information for Saku and Bektur, unless you have a better suggestion. Much appreciated
Actually I forgot I created an account in 2020, I just never use it so apparently I still can't PM :/

OP
Cynoscion

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
I’d like to wait on giving Saku and Bektur my full approval. None of the guys in my group have gotten their trophies back yet. I have sent both guys multiple messages. They always respond promptly and Bektur says the CITES permits have been applied for and we are just waiting for them. I hope that this is true but it’s hard to believe anything about this hunt since everything went so poorly.

I know that some years ago Mirbala Manafov, who I hunted Dagestan tur with in Azerbaijan, was booking some ibex hunts through a close friend of his in Kyrgyzstan. Whether he still does or not, I have no idea but he was a stand up guy and did an excellent job for us in Azerbaijan. His contact info:

Mirbala Manafov
+994 50 375 52 36
[email protected]

I’d like to wait on giving Saku and Bektur my full approval. None of the guys in my group have gotten their trophies back yet. I have sent both guys multiple messages. They always respond promptly and Bektur says the CITES permits have been applied for and we are just waiting for them. I hope that this is true but it’s hard to believe anything about this hunt since everything went so poorly.

I know that some years ago Mirbala Manafov, who I hunted Dagestan tur with in Azerbaijan, was booking some ibex hunts through a close friend of his in Kyrgyzstan. Whether he still does or not, I have no idea but he was a stand up guy and did an excellent job for us in Azerbaijan. His contact info:

Mirbala Manafov
+994 50 375 52 36
[email protected]
I can appreciate that. I look forward to any update and thank you for the referral. My understanding from a couple sources and the internet is that the season in Kyrgyzstan (for Ibex anyway) is currently closed for 2023 and might stay closed for 3 years. Supposedly we should know for use in another month or so.

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
They always respond promptly and Bektur says the CITES permits have been applied for and we are just waiting for them.
That doesn't make sense. Kyrgyz export CITES for both sheep and ibex can be obtained in a single business day in Bishkek.

JP100

WKR
Good to see WSF making a stance with this. Hopefully it filters through the network

A little off topic, but i hunted ibex in Kazakhstan with great success a few years ago- http://safarikaz.com/

These guys were awesome.

Not sure on the actual situation in Kyrgyzstan, but it might be off cards for a bit??

OP
Cynoscion

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
That doesn't make sense. Kyrgyz export CITES for both sheep and ibex can be obtained in a single business day in Bishkek.
Agree that it doesn’t make sense which is why I’m not endorsing anyone over there until I get my trophy.
If you read through a few reports from guys coming back from Kyrgyzstan this past season, a bunch of them have not gotten CITES permits or their trophies back yet. I heard, which may be a rumor, that depending on where the ibex are taken from, CITES isn’t distinguishing between the mid Asian subspecies and the Himalayan subspecies and this could be the hold up? I have no proof of this but is something that was said could be a reason for the delay. Who knows? But I’m still hoping for the best.

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
That was true, there is only one guy in Bishkek who issues these permits, and he chose to go on vacation right in the middle of hunting season last October. While he was out, hunters had no choice but to leave their trophies behind and have them shipped.

For years, USFW has required either an export CITES or a CITES certificate of origination (nearly the same thing) because they are an appendix III animal in Pakistan. For that reason, the CITES is required regardless of country.