Meateater sells a controlling stake to anti-gun Democrat?

He was obviously reading off paper there to keep his emotions in check. He was really pissed at times reading that. You can tell it in his voice. And I don't blame him.

Wellsdw

WKR
The man spoke, address the issue, and laid out exactly where he and meat eater INC stand. Good enough for me. Some keyboard cowboys however will never be happy until Meat Eater implodes rather than sell shares or whatever to a left company. There after a very positive platform for the cause of hunting and fishing will also implode, further limiting our voice

Well spoken Steve.

tag_out

FNG
Why the f##k has everything got so political? Drives me so crazy! You can't buy this, because of that! You can't do this because of that! Un Fing believable. Its still America folks! All you can do is vote. And i highly doubt that the opinions of anyone on TV or YouTube will change your votes. P.S. If anyone on TV, the internet or YouTube can sway your vote. You probably shouldn't vote.

Ten Bears

WKR
The way the hunting community eats their own is disgraceful.

I don't know man, that's a tad harsh. We seem to support our own and cause quite well. The countless time, brand loyalty, debate, votes, and money we pour into this lifestyle is without parallel. These past few weeks I have taken a lot of positives from the ongoing debates about Sitka and now Steve. Most people behaved respectfully and voiced concerns which shows me we all give a damn. There is nothing wrong with that. Randy, Aron, Steve, etc get held up in the highest regards round here as they should. With the non stop attacks on gun rights and chipping away at hunting (griz, lions, wolves, etc) it hits hard when sides get mixed. Steve set the record straight and we'll move on until the next.

ODB

WKR
I'm glad Rinella set the record straight, but I think we should also use this as a lesson. WAY too many of you dug in your heels on the basis of a perceived slight to your political ascription. Rinella said it as well as anyone could; "If we're going to protect the future of hunting and the shooting sports, we need to grow them beyond the same [shrinking] base that we currently have" That means being willing to ignore the sensational BS and acknowledge nuance. Especially as a social minority, entrenched thinking will only speed the erosion of our social and political capital, and that is not something we can afford.

With all due respect, hunters and gun owners have had to endure more legislation aimed at restricting their rights than most. THATs why people dig in their heels. Damn near every step a hunter takes is legislated: licenses, access, bag limits, antler restrictions, game checking regs, wanton waste laws, etc. There are no other endeavors I can think of that are more regulated than guns and hunting that are available to the average joe. The fact is, the OTHER side also needs to accept some nuance: to trust people who they do not share a common identity or pursuit with to exercise their free will. Hunters and gun owners are like cats - if you leave them alone, they will simply live their life, but the moment you push them, they push back. It’s part of the conservative/libertarian mindset:to be left alone to live the life you choose. Hoffer said that people tend to mind their own business when their business is worth minding. When it is not, they take their attention off of their meaningless affairs and put it on to the affairs of other, via meddling, etc. it’s this kind of intrusion into a persons life that causes the entrenchment.

As you can tell, I like a long conversation about things...

It’s sorta funny that on the one hand i’m fairly ambivalent toward meateater and rinella’s shtick. Just glad someone besides kardashian trash will be on tv.

That’s why I posted a pic of me talking to a bunch of girls wearing hijabs.

But Newburgs gloating about Testers win being a foundational win for public lands.. that’s morally reprehensible.

And I don’t take ad hominem attacks lightly. It’s one thing to disagree with politics, get caught in the minutia and inadvertently give tacit consent to questionable moral behaviour.

but calling mr Rosendale a terrible candidate belies a different moral compass then one that points to judeo-Christian conservative values.

Last edited:
I just read this entire thread in the past hour. My conclusion: my head hurts.

Second Amendment Rights being lumped in with late term abortions and public land. Man some of you guys like to make a big stretch. Nothing in the politics world is going to be one-size fits all. Just can't make it happen, as much as you try.

Telling a woman what she can or can't do with her body/ fetus that she is carrying , is right up there with telling people that they can't hunt, or with what tools that they can or cannot use to hunt with, or for that matter, OWN. It's a lost argument. I am a Christian, and I believe in being thy brothers' keeper to a certain extent, you can't keep em' all. Especially when they can't "keep" themselves.

As long as the global population continues to explode unimpeded (taboo subject), global warming will also continue. When those two issues continue unchecked, coastal cities are flooded. Where do you think Public Lands will stand when the majority of the US population is displaced????

Dusty2426

WKR
I like Steve and what he does. He made a great response. But bottom line is he is still creating a profit for the very folks that want to destroy our rights. He can be the most active 2a and public land hunting advocate out there but the more successful he is the better the funding for the fight against us.. Slaving for the Devil with hopes of of converting him to Christianity is not a good tactic

I just read this entire thread in the past hour. My conclusion: my head hurts.

Second Amendment Rights being lumped in with late term abortions and public land. Man some of you guys like to make a big stretch. Nothing in the politics world is going to be one-size fits all. Just can't make it happen, as much as you try.

Telling a woman what she can or can't do with her body/ fetus that she is carrying , is right up there with telling people that they can't hunt, or with what tools that they can or cannot use to hunt with, or for that matter, OWN. It's a lost argument. I am a Christian, and I believe in being thy brothers' keeper to a certain extent, you can't keep em' all. Especially when they can't "keep" themselves.

As long as the global population continues to explode unimpeded (taboo subject), global warming will also continue. When those two issues continue unchecked, coastal cities are flooded. Where do you think Public Lands will stand when the majority of the US population is displaced????

lol you first you say that people are lumping late term abortions in with public land. Then in the same message you lump "global warming" in with public land. Pot meet kettle.

And to compare the privilege of hunting, (privilege not a right) is somehow the moral equivalent to a child's RIGHT to life might be the most disturbing thing I've ever read on rokslide.

I’m glad Steve provided an articulate response in a meaningfull timeframe. Not surprising, Steve seems skilled in today’s digital environment. Other companies could/should learn from that.

As far back as I can recall I’ve been told “follow the money”. As far as I know that still applies.
Me and mine discussed these same concerns last year when the Meat Eater deal was released and the primary investor became known.
I think it’s a valid discussion and a valid concern.
When the money leads in a questionable direction questions should be asked.

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
No you specifically stated late term. Making that distinction implies a difference. If he didn’t support late term abortions and only supported first term abortion would you think differently of him. No? Then why state late term. Quite the rabbit hole eh?

Don’t lecture me on how I should think of abortion or anything in regards to morality. The fact it’s that a politicians stance for against abortion is virtually meaningless for any practical applications. And I can give a rats ass if you don’t agree with me, because last I checked I get to decide how to vote based on my determinations
If I was lecturing you you wouldn't have to guess.
By your emotional responce I'd say you care more than you'd like to admit.

R

LostArra

WKR
I’ve been a meateater fan since the very beginning of his first shows. I’m not especially concerned about any possible liberal ties here but I’m continually disappointed by Rinella’s commercialization of his business. The podcasts and tv shows still have an ok message but they are just giant commercials for boots and cooking equipment now. The website is a big sales front for all his swag and books. I’m headed to my first “live show” next month hopefully it’s not a big marketplace wanting my cash.

He just formed the new corporation and swallowed up a bunch of his competition and now this? Unfortunately I assume this business sale is all about the $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always about money. For Cherin and Rinella and that's sure not a crime. The average schmoe, me included, does not know or understand the details of this arrangement. If the Meateater message changes then quit watching/listening, I know I listen less now than the past. The Netflix shows are good and still commercial free.

I was actually more concerned about a private equity firm buying controlling interest in Oskar Blues Brewing than I am a podcast/Netflix show. (OB beer is still good by the way)

JWP58

WKR

Lol lol wow. First its women can kill "their" kids ...now the entire u.s. seaboard is going to be flooded. Hahaha

I love this forum. It's like a 24hr coast to coast AM..

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
I’m glad Steve provided an articulate response in a meaningfull timeframe. Not surprising, Steve seems skilled in today’s digital environment. Other companies could/should learn from that.

As far back as I can recall I’ve been told “follow the money”. As far as I know that still applies.
Me and mine discussed these same concerns last year when the Meat Eater deal was released and the primary investor became known.
I think it’s a valid discussion and a valid concern.
When the money leads in a questionable direction questions should be asked.

And now we are all “snowflakes” because we don’t just go by his word and question a decision he made? Seems to me while I liked most of what he said, he seems like a guy that gets pissed easily when people question his decisions. It’s our money and his company, no one said we had to give him any or any other company, I like to spend my money where I know, to the best of my ability, it will go towards a like minded view in the big picture.

I think its become a joke to now use the term snowflake for anyone not in agreement vs the original people that melted down because they didn’t get their way, big diff.

i'm not a huge fan of banning companies based around their liberal agendas. Around 2010 or so a conservative think tank (heritage maybe) did studies about this and concluded that it has a lot of negative unintended consequences.

But as for being a snowflake. GuiltyIMG_1297.JPG

Then again when u've clearing 40,000lb of quota in a weekend it's hard to get too riled up by keyboard clackers
IMG_1296.JPG

Not to mention spending a couple days up on these things.
IMG_1298.JPG

this tard barge's better mpg then a prius.. all man points lostIMG_1300.JPG