Meateater Booze???

I guess, at this point in time, I'm pretty excited to find out who I'm going to like more than Rinella once I don't like Rinella as much.
Randy Newberg has sponsors such as Leopold, but I'm under the impression that he doesn't profit from his show or podcast. (?) I think he even still works as a CPA. I'm sure there are a lot of perks doing what he does but the guy seems way more down to Earth than most hunt celebrity types, at least from my limited point of view. His show Fresh Tracks doesn't have the edgy rock intro or production quality of Meateater and I think that's why I like it more. He gets skunked more too. Very relatable lol.

So he wants to have own liquor oh well. Let's face this day an age it's a sign of success. Ron White, Dan Aykroyd and Jay-Z guess what they all have in common?

This is like the duck commander / duck dynasty branding/marketing thing. Slap that meat eater brand on anything baby

Gulfgoose

FNG
Hunting won't survive if the public image doesn't evolve from bubba shooting deer out of the back of his jacked up pickup truck.

So we can either have a future where hunting is hipsterized and leaning more liberal or we can have no hunting at all.

I know which one I'll choose.
Bingo. I believe the lifestyle marketing of companies, such as Meateater, have done great things in bringing the perception of hunting to the masses from bubba shooting anything that moves to conservation, habitat improvements, food on the table and respect for the resource. If hunting is made 'cool' the future of hunting is better off for it. The newbies may be a pain at times, but we all were at one time.

Hunting won't survive if the public image doesn't evolve from bubba shooting deer out of the back of his jacked up pickup truck.

So we can either have a future where hunting is hipsterized and leaning more liberal or we can have no hunting at all.

That is absolutely not true. Several states have guaranteed hunting in it's current form as a right. And getting that reversed would take pretty much an act of God. Hunting will survive.

Btaylor

WKR

If they force me to poach, I will but they will never make me wear a flatbill.

jspradley

WKR
That is absolutely not true. Several states have guaranteed hunting in it's current form as a right. And getting that reversed would take pretty much an act of God. Hunting will survive.

Look at the way various other rights are eaten away at, no one "needs" to hunt, cougars or bears with dogs, after that no one "needs" to hunt them at all, I mean no one really survives off of their meat.

While we are at it, no one "needs" to hunt with a gun, if you can't get within bow range you obviously aren't a good hunter.

Hell, no one "needs" to hunt with a bow either, the wounding ratio is way too high on those.

No one "needs" to hunt deer or elk either, I mean with the spread of CWD it's getting very dangerous

So after all that, as long as we are left with being able to hunt squirrels we still have the "right" to hunt and everything is constitutional and legal!

Look at the way various other rights are eaten away at, no one "needs" to hunt, cougars or bears with dogs, after that no one "needs" to hunt them at all, I mean no one really survives off of their meat.

While we are at it, no one "needs" to hunt with a gun, if you can't get within bow range you obviously aren't a good hunter.

Hell, no one "needs" to hunt with a bow either, the wounding ratio is way too high on those.

No one "needs" to hunt deer or elk either, I mean with the spread of CWD it's getting very dangerous

So after all that, as long as we are left with being able to hunt squirrels we still have the "right" to hunt and everything is constitutional and legal!

Maybe in California bub, but here (and plenty of other places) the current practices are protected as a right.

I'm not saying that in some places hunting isn't at risk, I'm saying that in some other places hunting is here to stay. Take from that what you will.

jspradley

WKR
Maybe in California bub, but here (and plenty of other places) the current practices are protected as a right.

I'm not saying that in some places hunting isn't at risk, I'm saying that in some other places hunting is here to stay. Take from that what you will.

Keep on keeping on then...just don't be too surprised when that piece of paper with your hunting rights on it means about as much as every other piece of paper out there.

Keep on keeping on then...just don't be too surprised when that piece of paper with your hunting rights on it means about as much as every other piece of paper out there.

If ever those pieces of paper are worthless you and me will both have much bigger problems to worry about, and the game will be all gone anyway.

Gulfgoose

FNG
Didnt you guys know? Hunting is dying! Wont be a thing in 10yrs. Pay no attention to record number of applications and licenses sold.....

We need good ambassadors selling swag/merch to keep hunting alive!
That is a small sample size of the entire hunting populace. Western hunting has gained popularity yes, but not hunting as a whole.

Hyde79

FNG
A little disappointed in what Meateater has turned into... It's all about the money and publicity now...

Lol what a bunch of whiney little bitches. If you don't like it then just stop watching, listening, buying their shit. Dude has done more good for hunters, hunting community, and the image of hunting than, well, possibly anyone. Dude has a business to run, investors to answer to, employees and their families to think about. You guys sound like a bunch of lefty snowflakes.