Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

I received my MIL scope today. I like it much better than the MOA version.

The eye box is VERY forgiving and there’s a lot of real estate for mounting.

The center dot illumination is going to be really nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
HUGE shout out to Maven Optics for some of the best customer service I’ve experienced in recent years. After noticing my elevation turret seemed damaged from the scope/rifle being dropped, I contacted their warranty department and explained what had happened. Much to my surprise, they asked me to send it in for an inspection to determine what it would take to fix the scope if it was indeed damaged. I had assumed I was SOL since the scope was damaged due to a drop, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Their communication at every point was prompt and thorough. First they sent clear instructions of how to send the scope in to the warranty department. A few days later, they let me know the scope had arrived and would need to be inspected. At this point I anticipated 6+ weeks for an update based on what I’d read online, especially since this was over the holidays. However, just two weeks later they let me know their inspection was complete and unfortunately the elevation turret was significantly damaged and would require repair at an outside facility.

Rather than asking me to cover the cost and wait for repairs, which would have been very reasonable based on my experience with other companies, they instead sent me a brand new RS1.2 to replace the one that was damaged, which arrived 2 days after their inspection was completed. Even more impressive, the replacement scope package included stickers, window decals and a small gift towards their clothing store due to not having a neoprene cover available to accompany the scope. Despite all this, there is also a note that they plan to send a neoprene scope cover to me once they’re in stock again.

In summary, Maven has gone above and beyond expectations and I want to ensure I recognize them for it. This interaction has made a loyal customer out of me for years to come. I’ve had my eyes on a pair of their compact binos to take along on hikes and this will likely push me over the edge to buy them. I’m also in need of a spotter and Maven will be on the short list for that as well.

WELL DONE MAVEN!

HUGE shout out to Maven Optics for some of the best customer service I’ve experienced in recent years. After noticing my elevation turret seemed damaged from the scope/rifle being dropped, I contacted their warranty department and explained what had happened. Much to my surprise, they asked me to send it in for an inspection to determine what it would take to fix the scope if it was indeed damaged. I had assumed I was SOL since the scope was damaged due to a drop, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Their communication at every point was prompt and thorough. First they sent clear instructions of how to send the scope in to the warranty department. A few days later, they let me know the scope had arrived and would need to be inspected. At this point I anticipated 6+ weeks for an update based on what I’d read online, especially since this was over the holidays. However, just two weeks later they let me know their inspection was complete and unfortunately the elevation turret was significantly damaged and would require repair at an outside facility.

Rather than asking me to cover the cost and wait for repairs, which would have been very reasonable based on my experience with other companies, they instead sent me a brand new RS1.2 to replace the one that was damaged, which arrived 2 days after their inspection was completed. Even more impressive, the replacement scope package included stickers, window decals and a small gift towards their clothing store due to not having a neoprene cover available to accompany the scope. Despite all this, there is also a note that they plan to send a neoprene scope cover to me once they’re in stock again.

In summary, Maven has gone above and beyond expectations and I want to ensure I recognize them for it. This interaction has made a loyal customer out of me for years to come. I’ve had my eyes on a pair of their compact binos to take along on hikes and this will likely push me over the edge to buy them. I’m also in need of a spotter and Maven will be on the short list for that as well.

WELL DONE MAVEN!
I’ve used their customer service once, probably 3 years ago. Wife was crawling on a stalk and essentially drug her binos through the sand and destroyed the twist up eye cups 😂

Maven had them shipped out to me super fast zero questions asked and they PICKED UP THE PHONE (and spoke English).

Very happy to be supporting them and very happy with my small fleet of RS1.2s

cpalm9

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been eyeballing this scope. It fits everything I’ve been looking for in a FFP lightweight scope for a backcountry rifle. Maybe I missed it in the 44 pages of discussion but how is the reticle at the lowest setting? Is it usable if walking through dark timber for elk?

Thanks!

I’ve been eyeballing this scope. It fits everything I’ve been looking for in a FFP lightweight scope for a backcountry rifle. Maybe I missed it in the 44 pages of discussion but how is the reticle at the lowest setting? Is it usable if walking through dark timber for elk?

Thanks!

It looks like a standard duplex, heavy enough for use in timber for my eyes

Ralphie

WKR

WELL DONE MAVEN!
And that is how good business is done. Thank you for sharing this. You could say this was a cost to Maven but think of all the value it gained them.

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Everyone expects things to be right; it's not noteworthy and shouldn't be.
Anyone can talk a good game. It's when things don't go according to plan that you find out who and what you're dealing with; in business, traveling companions, hunting, (marriage?!!!) etc.

A Maven RS1.2 2.5-15 is now at the very top of my short list. I will have one shortly.

If/when the many-months-ago-ordered-and- waited-for- with-no-explanation 6x SWFAs show I'm sure I'll be happy with the scopes.

But they can consider me highly unlikely to be a return customer.

RWT

WKR
Waiting to burn up the gift card as soon as a MIL version is in stock. Hoping it doesn't turn into a SWFA situation

Anyone have any pictures they could share of the Maven and/or the Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 G2H reticle at 6X 'ish?

I tend to stay right around 6x most of the time in my shooting except when sighting in. Several of the FFP scopes that I have tried were very difficult to see the reticle/use the graduations at 6x in limited lighting.

I have narrowed it down to one of these 2 to try next. Since Maven isn't forthcoming on the reticle thickness, I was wondering if I could get an idea based on what they looked like at 6x.

I know the G2H is .06 crosshairs but the ring is .1 Mil (IIRC). If the Mave is .07 or .08, I think I would rather have that.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Is the parallax on the mil version in yards or meters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn’t matter. This thing is not picky on parallax. I leave it on 200 and roll.

I did a “cold bore challenge” with this scope and my Tikka .260 on Saturday. A buddy and I went out 4 wheeling/scouting in a canyon near my property. He insisted on a “selfie” with a section of the canyon in the background. We stalked in to 53 yards of a herd of desert big horns right after this which was fun.

IMG_0095.jpeg

IMG_0088.jpeg

On the way back I threw an 8 inch target up on a cactus and drove back out of the canyon in the Jeep. Gave myself 30 seconds to grab rifle, locate the target, range it, get a wind call, setup for a shot, and see if I could hit it. Ended up being a 754 yard shot, short Spartan bipod up front, light rain jacket as rear rest, shooting off the hood of the jeep. Left parallax alone as usual and got a shot off in 19 seconds.

IMG_0112.jpeg

IMG_6342.jpeg

The scope still has yet to have an impact shift of any kind.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Anyone have any pictures they could share of the Maven and/or the Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 G2H reticle at 6X 'ish?

I tend to stay right around 6x most of the time in my shooting except when sighting in. Several of the FFP scopes that I have tried were very difficult to see the reticle/use the graduations at 6x in limited lighting.

I have narrowed it down to one of these 2 to try next. Since Maven isn't forthcoming on the reticle thickness, I was wondering if I could get an idea based on what they looked like at 6x.

I know the G2H is .06 crosshairs but the ring is .1 Mil (IIRC). If the Mave is .07 or .08, I think I would rather have that.
The maven is perfectly usable on 6x. Mine sits on 6-8x all the time and is used on 6x for almost all shots.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I think I've got 13 days of hunting in with the scope, some were only partial days. I should get 4 more days Fri through Mon...but I may break from it to carry a different rifle. Like mxgsfmdpx mentioned, mine has been been on 6x the majority of the time. I've moved it to 4x a few times and 8x a few times but it lives on 6x.

I haven't dialed enough with it to say much there but the reticle is a winner. It's been perfect with the few zero checks. I'm liking it.

It doesn’t matter. This thing is not picky on parallax. I leave it on 200 and roll.

I did a “cold bore challenge” with this scope and my Tikka .260 on Saturday. A buddy and I went out 4 wheeling/scouting in a canyon near my property. He insisted on a “selfie” with a section of the canyon in the background. We stalked in to 53 yards of a herd of desert big horns right after this which was fun.

View attachment 654641

View attachment 654653

On the way back I threw an 8 inch target up on a cactus and drove back out of the canyon in the Jeep. Gave myself 30 seconds to grab rifle, locate the target, range it, get a wind call, setup for a shot, and see if I could hit it. Ended up being a 754 yard shot, short Spartan bipod up front, light rain jacket as rear rest, shooting off the hood of the jeep. Left parallax alone as usual and got a shot off in 19 seconds.

View attachment 654654

View attachment 654655

The scope still has yet to have an impact shift of any kind.
Man…. That’s a solid shot! Good work.

I’m anxiously waiting for these to come back in stock. My 6CM Tikka is about to be upgraded with this and the RokStok.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Man…. That’s a solid shot! Good work.

I’m anxiously waiting for these to come back in stock. My 6CM Tikka is about to be upgraded with this and the RokStok.
A 6CM Tikka in a rokstock sounds like an awesome build. Thinking about a 6CM myself.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider

It’s way back in the thread and my phones camera isn’t great but this may help. I agree with others, it is fully useable in the entire power range and on lower powers it’s just a nice duplex. 5-6x is about where the graduations become usable for me.

Post in thread 'Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model'
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/maven-rs1-2-2-5-15x44-new-model.333202/post-3364813

sndmn11

WKR

Be patient for about a week.