Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Dobermann

WKR
I had a MIL bundle in the cart yesterday but got tied up at work and when I got back they were goneeeeee 😢. Any reason I shouldn’t just settle for an MOA version?? I’ve got 3 credos in mil and one credo hx in MOA. I only range, dial and shoot… rarely under any hurry and never at an animal past 400 yards….

I really like the looks of the scope and how it only illuminates the center of the reticle. I hate how the entire reticle lights up on the trijis….
I had a similar thing - three times in a row now. :( I'm not going to message Maven again as it would be the third time I've done that ... but unless they magically reappear on the site today or tomorrow, they said their next batch is due late Jan. Which, all things considered, is not really that far away.

While MOA can clearly be made to work, there are some very strong reasons to standardise to mils ... here's five posts / threads that you might find compelling: https://rokslide.com/forums/search/6800502/?q=mils+vs+moa&c[users]=Formidilosus&o=relevance

I had a MIL bundle in the cart yesterday but got tied up at work and when I got back they were goneeeeee . Any reason I shouldn’t just settle for an MOA version?? I’ve got 3 credos in mil and one credo hx in MOA. I only range, dial and shoot… rarely under any hurry and never at an animal past 400 yards….

I really like the looks of the scope and how it only illuminates the center of the reticle. I hate how the entire reticle lights up on the trijis….

If you shoot MIL normally, I would just wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
I ordered two Mil versions. My first foray into non MOA world.

I had a coupon for 15% off and used it on the custom colorized versions since those weren't shown as out of stock...

Did anyone ever get the reticle dimensions from Maven?

Particularly the thickness of the main crosshairs? .07 would be ideal to me, I think.

I have tried FFP scopes with .05, .06 and .08 thick stadia.

The .05 was very difficult to see at less than 8-9X on natural backgrounds in lower light.

The .06 was noticeable better for me but would get lost pretty easily on anything less than 6X.

The .08 scope I tried was awesome. I could see it at every magnification but it was bordering on being too thick on some smaller targets at range (neighbors cats at 250 yards). It was too short for a long action Tikka without going to a rail and rings.

I have always thought that .07 would be the "sweet spot" but it appears most manufacturers use .05 or .045 most of the time with some using .06 (Trijicon and Bushnell G2H).

SWFA 3-9X42 unobtainium being the exception (.07 Mil).

Rybe390

FNG
Did anyone ever get the reticle dimensions from Maven?

Particularly the thickness of the main crosshairs? .07 would be ideal to me, I think.

I have tried FFP scopes with .05, .06 and .08 thick stadia.

The .05 was very difficult to see at less than 8-9X on natural backgrounds in lower light.

The .06 was noticeable better for me but would get lost pretty easily on anything less than 6X.

The .08 scope I tried was awesome. I could see it at every magnification but it was bordering on being too thick on some smaller targets at range (neighbors cats at 250 yards). It was too short for a long action Tikka without going to a rail and rings.

I have always thought that .07 would be the "sweet spot" but it appears most manufacturers use .05 or .045 most of the time with some using .06 (Trijicon and Bushnell G2H).

SWFA 3-9X42 unobtainium being the exception (.07 Mil).
I don't think so. That said, here is the view at 1,000 yards with a 1 MOA target on the far left in white. I find it very easy to pick up at all magnifications. At 6x, it looks and feels EXACTLY like a vortex razor 1-6, if you want to use that as a baseline. At 15x, the reticle is a 100% functional precision reticle.

PXL_20231222_153501758.MP.jpg

TxLite

WKR
I don't think so. That said, here is the view at 1,000 yards with a 1 MOA target on the far left in white. I find it very easy to pick up at all magnifications. At 6x, it looks and feels EXACTLY like a vortex razor 1-6, if you want to use that as a baseline. At 15x, the reticle is a 100% functional precision reticle.

View attachment 650666
I’m always amazed at how good of a pic some people manage to get through scopes. When I try this it’s crooked as hell, my iPhone can’t figure out which lens to use and the edges of the view through the scope are fuzzy

Thanks for posting

Dobermann

WKR
Received an email 7 minutes ago that the RS1.2 bundles were back in stock ... and they're showing as sold out already.

Is Jake @Unknown Munitions right when he says some of you guys are writing computer scripts to buy stuff up automatically?? :)

Clark33

WKR
View attachment 648639

So far so good. Appreciated the tool-less turrets when I rezeroed in the headlights to accommodate a last minute suppressor. Loved the reticle at 624 & 10x.

My biggest complaint is the parallax knob on mine is stiff at room temperature, and REALLY stiff below freezing.
What mounting system did you use for that ultra? (I think that’s a tbac). Area419?

lhbackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
another thread that costs me money. In all sincerity: thank you to @Formidilosus and @Ryan Avery and all of you rokkers that did their drop tests. I had a leu vx3 take a tumble while leaning on my tire at the trailhead and didnt think anything of it. Well I shot 2 feet under the first piece of legal brown fur i saw on a 3 mile hike at about 200 or so and found out why drops are important.

I also know 3 miles off the trail is what most of you do to get to your mail but an rs1.2 is on the way to me.

Tell

FNG
Shoot2HuntU
A couple guys here have swapped their medium rings for the low rings when they bought the package. I have WM lows on my gun but got the package deal and now have a set of mediums. It’s not much of a height difference, but can someone tell me if it’s going to matter? I’ve always kept my scope as low as possible, but are there any reasons for keeping it higher? I’m just doing what I’ve always done without knowing why.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
For weight I snapped this before I left…

Stainless T3X Action
Stockys VG2
Factory Fluted 22.5” Barrel
High Desert Bottom Metal
MT Tactical Magazine
UM Rings
Spartan Adapter on Fore-end
3 Rounds of .260 129 Grain SST

View attachment 645903
Sorry if this was explained - but are these UM Low Rings or Medium?

I've got a couple of these coming and want to make sure I order the right height rings.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
A couple guys here have swapped their medium rings for the low rings when they bought the package. I have WM lows on my gun but got the package deal and now have a set of mediums. It’s not much of a height difference, but can someone tell me if it’s going to matter? I’ve always kept my scope as low as possible, but are there any reasons for keeping it higher? I’m just doing what I’ve always done without knowing why.

I have started to mount my scopes higher as I've shot in more/different positions over the last couple of years. I used to think the lowest possible rings were best, but now I raise them for a better head position.

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved
Honestly it’s all dependent on your facial structure and neck. While the idea is to get as low as YOU can - it doesn’t necessarily mean the lowest rings. It may just mean you need a slightly higher ring, but adjust the comb to the appropriate height. The idea is to be as relaxed as possible and use skeletal support vs muscular support so you don’t fatigue - if spending a lot of time behind the gun.

also if you spend more time shooting from the kneeling/sitting/standing you may want to ensure you’re set up best for that vs prone.

Macintosh

WKR
Higher scope allows you a comfortable upright head position allowing sort of a “NPOA” head position, while still allowing for a straight stock that directs recoil back instead of up—the physics of your body is that almost regardless of body type your eyes and cheek are vertically above your shoulder pocket, especially standing upright. It is a better position for offhand or more instinctive shooting—look at biathlon rifles where comb is always elevated above the shoulder pocket, or competitive shotguns where it is advantageous to have an upright head position to allow your eyes to function better to achieve a faster and better hard target focus. It allows you to use your eyes in the center of your field of view, which is easier on the eyes, easier to stay focused on target, allows better binocular vision if you shoot both eyes open, and easier to maintain position and scope alignment under recoil, etc.

BUT a high scope increases the angle between your line of sight and bullet trajectory. And it may mandate other compromises in stock geometry that arent always beneficial. (Edited, I had said higher rings increase cant error, which is not correct)

To me, its one if those things where erring too far in either direction is probably not the overall best solution for a general-purpose field gun, at least the way I use them.

Last edited:
From prone, the higher the scope the less natural the head position, as you have to lift your chin higher/ rotate your chin further back.