WKR
Alright, what we all care about.
Maven was put on the
Tikka 6.5/KRG/Sportsmatch
Box ammo same lot 143gr eldx
Pre
View attachment 661458
Post View attachment 661459

I have more concerns about my shooting than the scopes.
Good work putting your stuff through the paces! We all appreciate your effort and time!

Which aspect do you personally believe made the difference in this particular test vs. the last test? Torqued rings, softer impact surface, ect.?

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Good work putting your stuff through the paces! We all appreciate your effort and time!

Which aspect do you personally believe made the difference in this particular test vs. the last test? Torqued rings, softer impact surface, ect.?
The action and scope base torque were unchanged, after mounting the SWFA on the .223 and measuring ring torque to 25lbs (and it not showing a noticable, to my eye, shift), my guess is it was ring torque. However based on Form's comments on another thread about T3s shifting I wouldn't doubt if the hard surface and action to T3 interface was the problem.

So in short, very poorly controlled evaluation, lots of variables. Going forward I'll drop my setups, on an appropriate surface. The first drops on gravel and pads were cringy in person, I was prob couching the drops a little by the end. The drops on the pfd foam dog bed were not worrisome at all, really I have no excuse not to test going forward.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I use a piece of rebar with cardboard clipped to it. My buddy once shot the rebar itself on boresight. Put a big bend in it, was kind of cool.
These work well, just have to avoid the uprights. Lightweight sturdy metal frame, easy to stick in the ground and elevates the targets about 18'. They have a nice thin metal panel to tape targets to that lasts for years. Sometimes they are abandoned along public roadways, this particular one was laying in the grass for months along the road (not tied to a property). Election signs, post election, can also be considered a public service to remove.

Well, Me and Henry Ford would like a 1 inch 2.5x10 by 42. duplex, capped. That holds zero with very good glass and eye relief. No rainbow mumbo jumbo or lighted fiddle faddle.
The Maven RS2 - 2-10 seems like a good fit for your stated desires. Likewise the Sightron SI scopes. And then there's 40 +/- years' worth of used scopes of all quality levels out there that fit your description and are routinely for sale.

In any case, I am curious as to why you'd post those desires on this thread? Is it to marginalize the opinions of those who desire more out of a scope than what you're looking for?

Last edited:

three5x5s

WKR
The Maven RS2 - 2-10 seems like a good fit for your stated desires. Likewise the Sightron SI scopes. And then there's 40 +/- years' worth of used scopes of all quality levels out there that fit your description and are routinely for sale.

In any case, I am curious as to why you'd post those desires on this thread? Is it to marginalize the opinions of those who desire more out of a scope than what you're looking for?
Was not my intent to marginalize anyone. My apologies.

eoperator

WKR
Does anyone know if the reticle on the rs3.2 5-30x50 shr mil is useable in the 5-12x ?

Wish this one would have been updated to a 4-20x50 instead of 5-30x

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
Does anyone know if the reticle on the rs3.2 5-30x50 shr mil is useable in the 5-12x ?

Wish this one would have been updated to a 4-20x50 instead of 5-30x

With respect, that seems fairly sensitive with respect to what he posted and how it was taken. He didn't marginalize opinions, he stated his opinion which is the desire for what is becoming less available.

I do agree there are 40 years worth of scopes like that and there is a Maven that the matches that description. But does it have the same attention to "detail" as the one being discussed in this thread? Don't know.

I don't care for, based on 30 years in the field, lighted reticles, dials, side, focuses, etc. on a scope either. Good glass, reliable performance, and something that doesn't weigh a pound and a half or more is perfect.

In my opinion, it is not marginalizing to state that is what he wants in a scope.

Last edited:

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed! I want Maven to make their rs2 bombproof. I like that scope but traded it for an swfa 3-9
We're kind of narrowing in on the same 'want' over here in this poll:

It's characterized a few different ways just because details and preferences vary, but I think the hypothetical "RS2.2DA" option requested by Dioni A in the poll just about checks the box for ya?
That or the SFP RS2.2 (item 3 in the poll).
nteresting that so far, except for fixed 6, almost all of the votes are circling around the 2-10 to 3-12 mag range, lighter than RS1.2, less bells and whistles, bombproof reliability (obviously).