Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Ophidian

Lil-Rokslider
It's available now if you pay extra for the custom color build. That's what I did...
I tried this and couldn’t select the mil reticle.

It also doesn’t help that the in stock notification email doesn’t work. I have seen them come back into stock a few times and I never get the email. I always happen to be checking.

Last edited:

Dobermann

WKR
I tried this and couldn’t select the mil reticle.

It also doesn’t help that the in stock notification email doesn’t work. I have seen them come back into stock a few times and I never get the email. I always happen to be checking.
Yep, the in stock notification can be hit or miss. I found if you email them directly to let them know you're interested, they'll let you know a rough timeframe for re-stock ... and you *might* get the next in-stock notification.

Ophidian

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I’ve talked to their CS a few times and I usually get a vague “in a few days”. I already have my seekins element I’m just waiting on the rs 1.2 so I can get everything else.

I’ve talked to them a few times and they’ve been spot on for availability when they said they would be.

They’d told me mid month for grey/black, and that happened. And the black/black should be this week sometime. Bundles they said they hoped before Valentine’s Day

Last edited:

atmat

WKR
Maybe I'll get my second neoprene cover! I did get one the other week, so they're out there.
Did you two scopes at the same time? If so, then you need to reach out about the second cover.

When they finally sent mine out, they only sent one. When I asked for the second they said they hadn’t considered that some folks bought more than one scope lol

cowdisciple

Lil-Rokslider
Did you two scopes at the same time? If so, then you need to reach out about the second cover.

When they finally sent mine out, they only sent one. When I asked for the second they said they hadn’t considered that some folks bought more than one scope lol

No, different times. I only pulled the trigger once during the gift card sale, then decided I needed another one for the Fieldcraft 6.5.

I’ve talked to them a few times and they’ve been spot on for availability when they said they would be.

They’d told me mid month for grey/black, and that happened. And the black/black should be this week sometime. Bundles they said they hoped before Valentine’s Day

It seems like they have been getting a constant trickle of scopes delivered for a while now. Yet SWFA has to wait a year for a shipment from the same manufacturer? Odd.

It seems like they have been getting a constant trickle of scopes delivered for a while now. Yet SWFA has to wait a year for a shipment from the same manufacturer? Odd.
Exactly. From what I’ve seen every few weeks Maven gets more scopes in. I could have bought one 3-4 times since December which is pretty nice. Finally pulled the trigger on one today.

I’m glad these are looking like a good option and have passed everyone’s testing so far. Makes it easier to vote with dollars and leave companies that can’t seem to figure out inventories or timelines behind. I say this as a long time and avid SWFA user, having their scopes on all three of my main hunting rifles and a few on other rifles as well. Would be cool if they’d at least be up front and say ‘don’t expect a damn thing until summer of 2027’

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
greater than a year; SWFA hasn't received a shipment of 3-9's since Dec 2022, and when I called SWFA last week they were non-commital about getting a shipment of 3-9's in 2024.
Some of the folks calling people out for being overly excited about this Maven obviously haven't been on wait lists with SWFA.

ME180

FNG
I just bought this scope for my 7prc Tikka build with proof carbon barrel. I was going to mount it on an Area 419 20 moa base and Warne mountain tech rings. But I see people are using UM rings with direct mount. Is the UM a better route to go? What ring height are people using for both methods. If this has been covered please point me in the right direction.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Probably very old supply chain on the SWFA and low volume paired with poor forecasting.

I know on some of our assemblies, with older spec buy parts, we’ve had to change suppliers 4 or 5 times since 2020, where we had the same supplier since the 80s before then.

Just a guess.

slowelk

WKR
I just bought this scope for my 7prc Tikka build with proof carbon barrel. I was going to mount it on an Area 419 20 moa base and Warne mountain tech rings. But I see people are using UM rings with direct mount. Is the UM a better route to go? What ring height are people using for both methods. If this has been covered please point me in the right direction.

Any time you can interface directly with the receiver, it's better.

Determining height is based on your scope and your barrel contour. Unknown Munitions has a grid on the ring page to help you determine the right height.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!

Determining height is based on your scope and your barrel contour. Unknown Munitions has a grid on the ring page to help you determine the right height.

The grid on UM site is WRONG for many instances. I referenced the table and even called to speak with an employee to verify ring height for my nightforce and stock tikka combo. Way too low and forced me to mount a bit too far forward.

That said, I’m hoping the lows do in fact fit this maven so I can order a medium and fix my nightforce position.

This is why I asked a member here which he used but never got a response.

If anyone has mounted this scope to a tikka T3X with UM low rings please speak up! I’m guessing all contours are reasonably close up near the shoulder?

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
The grid on UM site is WRONG for many instances. I referenced the table and even called to speak with an employee to verify ring height for my nightforce and stock tikka combo. Way too low and forced me to mount a bit too far forward.

That said, I’m hoping the lows do in fact fit this maven so I can order a medium and fix my nightforce position.

If anyone has mounted this scope to a tikka T3X with UM low rings please speak up! I’m guessing all contours are reasonably close up near the shoulder?
I mounted one on a Tikka with lows a few days ago. Fits perfectly I'll post pics when I get home.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

If you dont need the 20 moa cant then dovetail rings are better.

If you do need 20 moa cant Salmon river solutions make IMO the best 20 moa tikka rail.

slowelk

WKR

YMMV

I have two sets, had three, have had three different scopes mounted. 3B contour, low 30mm with Trijicon Tenmile cleared with plenty of room, low 30mm with Maven RS 1.2 cleared with no problem, low 34mm with NF ATACR 4-16x42 cleared, but had some issues cleanly ejecting brass due to the windage cap.