Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
To address everyone as I have been getting quite a few messages about it. This is not directed at anyone or any company.

1). If I or Ryan don’t say that the scope was evaled, take it with a grain of salt. Either they are being misleading, or speaking out of turn.

2). I have been told that Maven is sending a scope, or scopes to be evaled for the forum.

3). Quite frankly, if these scopes work, from a design perspective they will probably be the western higher powered scope to beat.

atmat

WKR
I don’t think I see what all the fuss is about. It’s still a busy reticle that doesn’t appear to have great visibility at 2.5x. I’d happily take a mil-quad or P3L over it. It looks on par with the 4-16 ATACR Mil-R.

Also, I have no desire for a 6x erector with 15x max zoom on a hunting rifle.

Am I crazy?

amassi

WKR
I don’t think I see what all the fuss is about. It’s still a busy reticle that doesn’t appear to have great visibility at 2.5x. I’d happily take a mil-quad or P3L over it. It looks on par with the 4-16 ATACR Mil-R.

Also, I have no desire for a 6x erector with 15x max zoom on a hunting rifle.

Am I crazy?

I haven’t looked through one yet but on 2.5 I bet it looks like a standard leupold duplex which if your shooting on 2.5 is certainly useable
15 on the top end is excessive but so is 16 on the atacr
I don’t put any stock in 6x differntial would 4x be better? Sure, we’ll I guess maybe. I’m also not an expert in this regard but if it were a 3-15. (5x) or 3-12 I doubt it would be anymore or less useable purely based on the mag ratio
The nx8 are totally useable in my experience and all the “drawbacks” are overblown- if they had a better FFP mil based reticle even more so. I noticed a sharp uptick in nx8 claims by non nx8 owners.
Regardless the only thing that matters and remains to be seen… will it retain zero from aggressive field use in the backcountry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR
Yes. It’s a duplex with half mil hashes- that’s it. There is nothing busy about it. The Mil-R has a cross, dashes, hashes, and gaps.
Haha I appreciate you shooting straight. I think it’s the size of some of the hashes that is irking me.

The long 5 and 10 elevation hashes and the >5 windage hashes that bisect the outter stadia (which are not very thick themselves). It’s all looking on paper, but it doesn’t draw my eye to the center as naturally as the Mil-R.

I didn’t say it was terrible. I said I still prefer mil-quad and P3L and rank this on par with the Mil-R (on paper, never looked through the Maven scope).

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Haha I appreciate you shooting straight. I think it’s the size of some of the hashes that is irking me.

The long 5 and 10 elevation hashes and the >5 windage hashes that bisect the outter stadia (which are not very thick themselves). It’s all looking on paper, but it doesn’t draw my eye to the center as naturally as the Mil-R.

I understand. In real life you don’t notice those at all. It looks like straight duplex with half mil hashes, and your eye goes to center as well as any normal reticle.

Again, not saying anything about the scope, just that I’ve shot and used the reticle in others and it’s good.

sndmn11

WKR

I didn’t say it was terrible. I said I still prefer mil-quad and P3L and rank this on par with the Mil-R (on paper, never looked through the Maven scope).

On page one there are reticle pictures in the thread I linked from the rs3. On 5x it does look like a standard duplex.

Good to seeMaven have remembered to put a revolution indicator on the turret... Screenshot_20231114_123434_Drive.jpg
Looks to be the exact same system as the LRHS/LRTS... can't see how these will be any different or better apart from being available to buy new!

Wyo_hntr

WKR
We just need swfa to make a 3-9x HD with a simplified version (no mil scale on top) of the thlr reticle, and a lot of them.

prm

WKR
I’ve experienced enough reticles to know better than to place too much judgement based on what I see in a graphic. My first impression is that it’s a little thin on low power, but workable.

What is illuminated?

amassi

WKR
Hahahahah that’s great.
Hopefully it was just so they could fix the errors on the spec sheet or something trivial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk