Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

amassi

WKR
As long as the money comes in they don’t care. Even if it stops they’ll just chalk it up to forces outside their control like election cycles, low consumer confidence, inflation et el.
As has been stated again and again if a company like Leupy decided their scopes were going to be bombproof they could do it, they know how as has been pointed out they’ve done it before, I feel if they did they would certainly own our little corner of the market. Zero retention could be a marketing departments wet dream. Just show guns falling over in all the normal ways- bipod tips, tire slips, pack tipping over, slip over some deadfall etc
Then show the kill shot and grip and grin and how your competitors (namely vortex) make no such optic and you’ll need their warranty 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
Sometimes I wonder if these guys even understand the issue.
Very few company executives got there because they were product experts or even enthusiasts. They got there because they know how to organize a company to maximise revenue vs expenses. It’s irrelevant to them until the mass-market is overwhelmingly demanding it and holding them accountable for it. That hasnt happened. May never happen.

fwafwow

WKR
As long as the money comes in they don’t care. Even if it stops they’ll just chalk it up to forces outside their control like election cycles, low consumer confidence, inflation et el.
As has been stated again and again if a company like Leupy decided their scopes were going to be bombproof they could do it, they know how as has been pointed out they’ve done it before, I feel if they did they would certainly own our little corner of the market. Zero retention could be a marketing departments wet dream. Just show guns falling over in all the normal ways- bipod tips, tire slips, pack tipping over, slip over some deadfall etc
Then show the kill shot and grip and grin and how your competitors (namely vortex) make no such optic and you’ll need their warranty 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sign me up for the pre-orders of that Leupy.

prm

WKR
Note to Maven; if they have decided to build in more durability, they ought to mention that. There is no mention of anything along those lines on their site. At least that I’ve found. “Robust anodizing” doesn’t count for much to me.

One story is an anecdote, so FWIW. A scope company principal I spoke to just believes there are no problems that need to be fixed. He's aware of these tests and think they are not well designed, and are biased - as evidenced (as an example), by the comment even some scopes "used by the military" never pass. Their customers never complain about losing zero in their scopes, which are tested to 1000Gs, and the few that do always end up being due to user error. If you drop your rifle on a hunt, you should re-zero. Etc. etc.
Name of scope company per chance?

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Note to Maven; if they have decided to build in more durability, they ought to mention that. There is no mention of anything along those lines on their site. At least that I’ve found. “Robust anodizing” doesn’t count for much to me.
Would you mention it at the risk of admitting that the rest of your products have a known defect...

Macintosh

WKR
Heck yes I would. Almost every scope on the market has that same defect, so it’s not a defect per se, its “standard” with nothing said about durability one way or another. If I also had a product with higher durability I’d make a big deal out of it and charge more for it. Point #1 would not be “premium model” (I have no idea what that even means…meaningless marketing-speak is less than worthless to me), but maybe point 1 could be “our most durable scope, verified by live-fire after impact testing means you can have extra confidence it will hold zero even under heavy use”. Companies call out differing levels of waterproofness in electronics and even have ratings for it. (Ipx 6, 7, etc). Gore has multiple waterproof fabrics and rates each one for weight vs waterproofness vs breatheability vs durability, etc. No reason you cant do the same with durability in a scope. Then it’s up to the marketing department to differentiate the scope on price because they have a clear advantage in durability over both competitors as well as their own lesser-priced models. To me its an opportunity for a small company to set the bar high and catapult themselves forward in visibility. IF they have the product to support the claim.

Choupique

WKR
The reality is the market does not demand it. Very few people have ever even heard of SWFA scopes much less ever considered buying one. They don't really compete with leupold. Very few people can afford a nightforce, nor do they even want that big heavy complicated thing on their rifle.

The reality is that failing drop tests, losing zero, not tracking right, etc doesn't bother your average dude. He doesn't shoot past 100 yards, doesn't shoot more than 2 or 3 shot groups, accepts that you have to tap on the turret for the adjustment to work, etc. The vast majority of customers just don't know any better, and they kill enough of the deer they shoot at to be happy with what they've got.

2 years ago, I thought losing zero after getting bumped was standard for every scope. If you had told me it's possible to drop a rifle from waist high scope first in the rocks and it still be zeroed I'd have said you were nuts. Most people just don't know.

Would you mention it at the risk of admitting that the rest of your products have a known defect...
I feel that marketers could easily get around that and still sell a ton of crappy scopes alongside a decent one.
“All our scopes are great.. but THIS model is the one you want when you’re 10 miles deep after two weeks on the move, in a snow storm, an hour of daylight on the last day, with a trophy bull/buck/ram/boar in your view. You can’t afford to worry if your optic is zeroed, it’s go time…. Blah blah blah”. And if all that was true and they worked, guys here would buy them… and hundreds of others would still be chasing zero on their PST’s every other week.

Choupique

WKR
I feel that marketers could easily get around that and still sell a ton of crappy scopes alongside a decent one.
“All our scopes are great.. but THIS model is the one you want when you’re 10 miles deep after two weeks on the move, in a snow storm, an hour of daylight on the last day, with a trophy bull/buck/ram/boar in your view. You can’t afford to worry if your optic is zeroed, it’s go time…. Blah blah blah”. And if all that was true and they worked, guys here would buy them… and hundreds of others would still be chasing zero on their PST’s every other week.

Most people baby their rifles. I know I did forever. Had to. Most people are not concerned about how the scope works after sliding off a cliff, and the sales pitch is lost on them.

A leupold vx3 is the Cadillac of box stand hunting to Most of the country.

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
I'm really not that excited by this scope.
Looks like another standard LOW scope that doesn't really do anything amazing, other than maybe pass a drop test.

The reticle is mediocre (their "subtensions" don't even say how thick it is) it's a bit porky at 26oz, the FOV is pretty narrow.

Unless they've gotten LOW to do something magic that Tract didn't do then the only real advantage is the elevation turret isn't 6ft tall

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
I'm really not that excited by this scope.
Looks like another standard LOW scope that doesn't really do anything amazing, other than maybe pass a drop test.

The reticle is mediocre (their "subtensions" don't even say how thick it is) it's a bit porky at 26oz, the FOV is pretty narrow.

Unless they've gotten LOW to do something magic that Tract didn't do then the only real advantage is the elevation turret isn't 6ft tall
images.jpeg

4th_point

WKR

I believe that I've mentioned the similarity of this Maven to the 30mm Tract a few times in this thread, and I understand what you are thinking.

They appear to have the same basic design, simply based on the specs.

That doesn't mean that they have the same exact design, assembly, or inspections but I don't think that you're crazy to ask the question of what is different.

What are the chances, that two companies that are known to outsource products to Japan happen to offer the same/similar product, just in a different wrapper?!